Suites - how do you get one reasonably priced?

Has anyone ever got a call either from RCCL or TA and offered to be upgraded to from a balcony to a JS for not much more? Other cruiselines have done that. They call and ask are you willing to upgrade to a JS for an additional $400? If so, what was the upgrade cost?

ML

Has anyone ever got a call either from RCCL or TA and offered to be upgraded to from a balcony to a JS for not much more? Other cruiselines have done that. They call and ask are you willing to upgrade to a JS for an additional $400? If so, what was the upgrade cost?

ML

Yes, Royal has an Upsell Fairy. Cost varies by cruise.

Our experience is .....we look at our bookings every day. Last April/may we were on Jewel booked into JS. 3 weeks prior to sailing an owners suite became available for the 10 day May portion in the Med. we added $800 to our previous amount and snagged it.

Moral is to keep checking prices and grab them right away. Three hours after we upgraded the other owners suite was $4000 more .

Exactly, I was booked in a JS for Oasis sailing next March. I was bored at work yesterday so I checked the prices again just to see where they were and the Owners Suites were actually coming in a little less than what I was currently booked for the JS. I immediately called my TA and changed my booking

• 2 weeks later...
What is overpriced and seems extravagant to someone is a manageable expense for others. Imagine a senior executive at a medium sized corporation who makes something over $250k per year, plus bonus, stock, etc. which nets out to 350K per year. Also imaging his wife works and makes at least 100K per year. For them a $25K vacation is merely 6% of their annual income, which is manageable for them.

Imaging his wife might be lucrative!!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Our experience has been that most times suites are least expensive when the cruises are first released.

Also, check the weekly sales flyer:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I've seen occasional good prices for suites in that flyer.

This flyer is great. My question is: if you see a cruise on this flyer that you would like to take advantage of, then I presume that I can call directly RCL and ask for this price? Or do I need to go through a TA?

Thank you,

Lucie

[quote name='nikkiml']This flyer is great. My question is: if you see a cruise on this flyer that you would like to take advantage of, then I presume that I can call directly RCL and ask for this price? Or do I need to go through a TA?

Thank you,
Lucie[/quote]
For a new booking, you can book direct with RC or use a TA, your choice.

For an existing booking where the price in the flyer is lower than the existing booking, contact whoever booked the cruise. Edited by clarea