Pillows

gilligan8

If you need a thin pillow, either bring your own or talk to your room steward on the first day and have them track down a thinner pillow for you.

most of the pillows tend to be on the thicker, fluffier side. There is however, the occasional pillow that is less filled (they still look fluffy and thick) that when you lay your head on it, it will flatten.

I am very fussy. I can only sleep with a down feather pillow. I always bring my own - I put a bright color pillowcase on it - and bring a couple extra pillow cases, you can use the used case for your dirty clothes. Just don't forget to pack your pillow when you debark. That is why I use the bright color case, it helps me to remember to pack my lovey pillow. The feather pillows will roll up tight to pack and then they fluff right up when unpacked.

I find that the pillows are VERY comfortable and I sleep like you do...my husband loves them and he sleeps on his back. They are fluffy, but you kind of sink into them and they conform very well. Also there are at least 4 different ones in the room on the bed and sometimes an extra in the closet or under the couch so you have a choice. Each night my husband and I just sort through and grab our favorite lol! They are one of the best pillows I have slept on.

Edited by wemjam

How many pillows per room are there, generally? Between hubby and I we sleep with 8 pillows! We'll each bring one of our own from home (chiro pillow) but hope we can get the number we're used to sleeping with.

How many pillows per room are there, generally? Between hubby and I we sleep with 8 pillows! We'll each bring one of our own from home (chiro pillow) but hope we can get the number we're used to sleeping with.

As stated in my previous post, there are usually 4 when you have the room configured to sleep 2 people in one bed (2 for each person). SOMETIMES they may have extras stashed in the closet or if there is pull out under the couch, there. However, you can simply ask your room steward for extras and they will be happy to accommodate your request.

I was pleasantly surprised by the pillow comfort on Conquest a few weeks ago. I prefer to sleep with a lot of pillows - I use 4 at home and one of them is a full-length body pillow. I just need to be able to stack them in various areas to create a nest. and sometimes if my back is hurting I like to fold the big one up and put it under my knees. It just helps. My wife, fortunately, isn't so picky or pillow intensive so there's room for all mine.

I prefer a large, dense pillow. A big pillow that's all air or is so soft it just goes flat is useless to me. I like support under my neck.

So I was happy to find that the pillows, while not king-sized, were dense enough that when I put 2 of them together my neck and head stayed where I wanted and I stole my wife's second pillow for leaning on when I went sideways in bed. (I almost always start out on my back but then roll a quarter way over for the real sleep.)

It hadn't occurred to me I could ask for extra pillows though so I'm glad to read that above. Good to know for future cruises.

Edited by originalgeek

How are the pillows on Carnival Cruises (conquest)? I tend to be a stomach sleeper and need a thinner pillow. I have trouble sleeping with the big fluffy pillows most hotels have.

Carnival used to have very premium bedding, but that disappeared when the cost-cutting started. All I can say as a Carnival customer since the 90s is if you don't like your bedding, ask the cabin steward for something different.

FYI: Carnival used to have great mattresses, but these days that may not be the case. They leave their mattresses in use a lot longer than they used to and you may or may not get a good one depending on how long it's been in use.

The bottom line is if you don't like your bedding, speak up to your cabin steward and ask for something acceptable.

I was pleasantly surprised by the pillow comfort on Conquest a few weeks ago. I prefer to sleep with a lot of pillows - I use 4 at home and one of them is a full-length body pillow. I just need to be able to stack them in various areas to create a nest. and sometimes if my back is hurting I like to fold the big one up and put it under my knees. It just helps. My wife, fortunately, isn't so picky or pillow intensive so there's room for all mine.

I prefer a large, dense pillow. A big pillow that's all air or is so soft it just goes flat is useless to me. I like support under my neck.

So I was happy to find that the pillows, while not king-sized, were dense enough that when I put 2 of them together my neck and head stayed where I wanted and I stole my wife's second pillow for leaning on when I went sideways in bed. (I almost always start out on my back but then roll a quarter way over for the real sleep.)

It hadn't occurred to me I could ask for extra pillows though so I'm glad to read that above. Good to know for future cruises.

I do the exact and thing! So glad I am not alone in my pillow nest sleeping :)