forum notifications: can you do this?

luckyinpa

i dont see a tech subforum so ill ask here:

i like instant notifications of replies to subscribed threads and i dont want to change that option. but is there a way to only get one instant notification of a particular thread then not emailed anymore notifications about that thread until you return to the board?

i have this on other forums and it avoids 10 emails if you dont return to the forum timely (multiplied by other threads it gets tedious)

i like instant notifications of replies to subscribed threads and i dont want to change that option. but is there a way to only get one instant notification of a particular thread then not emailed anymore notifications about that thread until you return to the board?

i have this on other forums and it avoids 10 emails if you dont return to the forum timely (multiplied by other threads it gets tedious)

Why not write to Cruise Critic and ask the source rather than asking a bunch of people who do not work for Cruise Critic?

Try sending an email to ..... help@cruisecritic.com

Edited by Cuizer2

I subscribe to several threads and I don't think it's possible to do what you are asking.

What you could do is after you get one instant notification you could go back to the thread subscription and change it to a single daily notification or weekly notification.

Why not write to Cruise Critic and ask the source rather than asking a bunch of people who do not work for Cruise Critic

What's wrong with asking the user base of the forum for help with the forum? There's a chance that someone might be familiar with a setting that the OP wasn't aware of. I think it's as good a place to start as any.

Just as a side note. I used Cruise Critic a little bit while researching our first cruise back in June, but never registered because I used the Carnival forums more regularly. But I recently registered here after they closed. The worst part of their forum was the ones who had been around the longest. Many of them were rude and unhelpful to newcomers. That's the biggest thing I wasn't going to miss over there.

Edited by Organized Chaos

What's wrong with asking the user base of the forum for help with the forum? There's a chance that someone might be familiar with a setting that the OP wasn't aware of. I think it's as good a place to start as any.

The best place to start is with the best source of information. In this case that would be the people that run the forum.

There is nothing "wrong" with asking the members, I was just providing the OP with the best option. What is wrong with that?