Can a new promo be applied to the booking if another was applied at the time of booki

Aldeya

I might need another coffee but here it goes anyway:D

We booked Anthem with B1G1 50% off promo.

Now there is another 30% off 2016 cruises promo. Can it be now applied to our booking also like another price drop (no final payment yet)?

You obviously won't be able to use both promos, so it will come down to which one is the better deal. 30% off each passenger should be better BUT if your B1G1 had OBC or something that could offset the difference.

If you've cruised with Royal before call C&A and have them price the cruise for you without changing anything. When I call I know what my bottom line fare amount is so I can decide if it's worth the change. That being said, I've taken the XGTY on Anthem two times in the last 2 1/2 months to get the price down on our 11/27 trip. Sitting at just under 2500 for the two of us;).

Promos typically aren't "applied", all you really need to compare is the final price on your current invoice compared to the final price for a new booking. You don't get to keep your existing promotions or OBC when you get a price drop, you get to choose which promo to accept; keep the old or accept the new.

I had a feeling I couldn't "combine" both promos :D

We do have some OBCs. I will call C&A and run some numbers to see which promo makes more sense to keep.

Thank you crookedhalo and awestover89. Great suggestions.

It's worth noting some On Board Credit should be able to transfer, things like credit from your TA if you used one, on-board booking credit if you booked the cruise while on a cruise, credit card rewards, and things like that. I'm not sure exactly which ones are able to be kept and which ones would be lost, but it's not always black and white when comparing prices.

It's worth noting some On Board Credit should be able to transfer, things like credit from your TA if you used one, on-board booking credit if you booked the cruise while on a cruise, credit card rewards, and things like that. I'm not sure exactly which ones are able to be kept and which ones would be lost, but it's not always black and white when comparing prices.

To add to this, be careful because some promotions can't be used with on board bookings or other types. So you really need to look at bottom line including any perks like OBC or free tips or drink package discounts and see what the "real" bottom line is.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get on board credits from your points on your Visa card? Thinking of booking an October cruise...would like to wait to cash in the points until after the September 6 billing cycle to get the (double?) points I would get from paying for this cruise in full today...know what I mean!? ;)

Does anyone know how long it takes to get on board credits from your points on your Visa card? Thinking of booking an October cruise...would like to wait to cash in the points until after the September 6 billing cycle to get the (double?) points I would get from paying for this cruise in full today...know what I mean!? ;)

I forget what the limit is, but I've added OBC less than two weeks before the cruise.