Library on the Escape?

Steve007NY

Anyone have experience with the library.

Will bring my kindle and iPad, but Mom especially wants large print books.

How extensive is the library? Don't expect massive but would be nice to have some idea how many books to pack vs. borrow.

Thanks

Your mother's request is quite specific. I wouldn't leave it to chance. If she's willing to read from the kindle or iPad I'd load books on that and use the controls to make the print large enough. If she isn't willing to use the device I'd have her pack what she's willing to manage and finish on the trip.

Personally I'm an audiobook person, though I have some eRead items on my kindle that I hope to finish during the trip lazing on the Waterfront.

I checked out a book from the library on the Escape. You can check out two at a time. I went there before check out time on the first day and found some that I would have been interested in reading. When I went back down during morning checkout hours the books were already gone. I don't know if they had any large print books.

Thanks to all.

I'm still getting her to learn how to pick up voicemail on her clamshell phone! :-)

I will bring along a few large print books for her. I forget that I read a book every couple of days. One will likely suffice for her for the cruise, and I downloaded some of her favorites on the kindle to see if she will be able to master it.

Thanks. Frankly, She is 86 and although she used to be an avid reader, she's not doing much reading lately. She says it's because the print is too small and she can tolerate reading glasses; I fear that the issue really is that she can concentrate enough to read even the junk fiction ( Danielle Steele, biographies of the Elizabeth Taylor) that she wants and once enjoyed. she's jealous that all of the people she sees around her have Kindles. Believe me, If the Kindle will make it able for her to continue reading she'll have waiting for her when she returns home.

A grateful son.