Coffee shop

irishcraig

Thinking of booking splendor in June, only been on Royal Caribbean cruises before. Does carnival charge for snacks (things like cookies and stuff like that) in their coffee shop, as it's free in the cafe on Royal. Or is there other places on the ship that has snacks.

The buffet has snacks during meal times.

Some ships will have two coffee shops, the one in the buffet is open in the morning. The one along the promenade has cakes etc for a bit extra. ie huge slice of carrot cake is $2.25.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You can also order room service (most items free). They have yummy chocolate chip cookies and chocolate cake.

The nominal charge for the goodies at the coffee shop are worth it. Love their cheese cake and oatmeal raisin cookies.

Thanks for the replies, just another quick question. Does the lido buffet stay open from 7:00 am until 9:00 pm or does it close during the day between meal times?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It closes after breakfast about from about 10.30 to 1200, and then after lunch from either 2.30, 3pm, or 3.30 depending on sea day or port day, till about 5pm/5.30 for dinner. Times vary. But yes it closes between meal times. but the deli, will be open all day from about 11am till 11pm, and pizza is 24hrs.

also, that carrot cake from the coffee shop for 2.25 is really good!, but it will feed two people, or one very hungry person!

Edited by SMSACE6

Pizza is available 24/7, as is room service. RS has no after hours surcharge, but some items are $. The deli in the buffet is open 11a-11p.

If the ship still has a regular grill (not Guy's), then you'll find cookies there approx 11-6.

Edited by SadieN

As folks have said.. yes they do charge for the goodies... BUT, I can attest to the fact that they are very much worth the cost !! I go there at least once a day for coffee, and try to limit the sweets I get... but it is hard to say no!!!