Considering Regent

gskimmel

We are just off the Navigator and we found the food to be very good! I am vegetarian and the head waiter approached me within 20 minutes of boarding to work out menus and actually had menus sent to my room daily. He said all I needed to do was ask and they would make anything I wanted, or change items on the menu to work for me. I never made a special request (other than avocados at breakfast!) and had no problem finding plenty of appealing options to eat. The rest of my party ranged from vegetarian to no restrictions at all, and everyone stated the food was very good (in our opinion - I know food is subjective).

We also enjoyed the decor of the fresh Navigator and very much enjoyed our voyage.

i-jsxhJ48-S.jpg

Vegetarian from Sette Mari - from Buffet (I plated myself, hence it's not the most beautiful!)

i-dwjd55x-S.jpg

My new love!! <3

OK thanks. Guess we'll have to deal with the high tub. We just had one of those on Celebrity and it wasn't all that bad but the poster was correct who said if there are mobility issues there would have been no way to get in and out of that one either.

One of the problems is that they are awkwardly placed. A fellow passenger on one sailing I was on had an artificial leg, and the usual method for someone with a problem of getting in and out of a tub--sit on the edge and swivel around--didn't work. Something (I seem to recall it was the vanity) abuts half the tub area, so there is not enough room to swivel. He said that the ship resolved it by providing him with steps next to the tub.

And, no, he hadn't requested a handicap cabin.

One of the problems is that they are awkwardly placed. A fellow passenger on one sailing I was on had an artificial leg' date=' and the usual method for someone with a problem of getting in and out of a tub--sit on the edge and swivel around--didn't work. Something (I seem to recall it was the vanity) abuts half the tub area, so there is not enough room to swivel. He said that the ship resolved it by providing him with steps next to the tub.

And, no, he hadn't requested a handicap cabin.[/quote']

I noticed on u-tube (there was a video of one of the cabins with tub/shower) that the tub looked short in the bathroom. I thought it was because it was just not the standard size but I think it was because of the vanity.

Was this on the Mariner? That's the ship where I was looking at the video.

I noticed on u-tube (there was a video of one of the cabins with tub/shower) that the tub looked short in the bathroom. I thought it was because it was just not the standard size but I think it was because of the vanity.

Was this on the Mariner? That's the ship where I was looking at the video.

Neither Navigator nor Voyager have this problem, so I expect it was the Mariner.