Anthem Aug. 11th sailing new review

MsK64

Do you know how many cabins down from the elevator you were? I was wondering if you heard any noise from the vestibule area around the elevators.

Is that typically a problem on cruise ships? I don't ever recall hearing lots of noise from people getting off the elevator, especially on a deck that just has guest cabins.

BTW you could pull up a deck plan and figure out the location relative to the elevators, since the cabin # was posted.

It's hard to measure in cabins, because although we were close to the elevator, it wasn't a straight-shot to our cabin. You had to zig-zag through a little 'L' shaped hall to get from the elevators to the main part of the deck where our cabin was. In any case, there was absolutely no noise coming from the elevator vestibule. On occasion, there was noise from people in the hall or on other balconies but that's to be expected, and was no big deal.

Is that typically a problem on cruise ships? I don't ever recall hearing lots of noise from people getting off the elevator, especially on a deck that just has guest cabins.

BTW you could pull up a deck plan and figure out the location relative to the elevators, since the cabin # was posted.

Thanks the room I booked is 7 cabins from the elevator area, but the travel agent told me to avoid right near the elevator area due to noise. Then I was looking at a Jr. Spa Suite for next April which is right by the opening to the elevator /stair area so I was curious. I know no matter where you are you usually hear the people running down the hallway, that can never be avoided.

Thanks for the review. Did you find 270 cold? That was the only place on the ship where I was always cold.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask that question--the ship's air conditioner was cranked up and I tended to feel a bit cold everywhere, except out on the balcony!

Did you see him around the ship at all? When we were on in January, we almost never saw our captain (I forget his name, it was the one before Claus). I think the only time I saw him was during the C&A reception in 270, and he made a quick exit out of there. I'm used to captains on Celebrity being out and about and interacting with passengers. I understand that's not their primary job, but I certainly expected it based on previous sailings

He was on the loudspeaker every day, making the 'where are we now' announcements, and several times the last day when he was updating the passengers on the medical emergency that required us to arrive back in Bayonne much earlier in the morning than scheduled. But I never actually saw him around the ship. I'm pretty sure he did a couple of 'meet and greet' photo ops during the cruise, but we were in dinner or at a show when he did it, so we never saw him.

thank you, I have him as currently on Anthem so my chart is correct for a change. LOL

Do your know who will be the Captain on the Anthem on the Sept, 8th sailing. I got conflicted info from RCCL. They said it was going to be Henrik Sorensen. But I also see Dustins name on your sheet and Erik. I'm confused to say the least. Wish I knew for sure.

Thanks the room I booked is 7 cabins from the elevator area, but the travel agent told me to avoid right near the elevator area due to noise. Then I was looking at a Jr. Spa Suite for next April which is right by the opening to the elevator /stair area so I was curious. I know no matter where you are you usually hear the people running down the hallway, that can never be avoided.

We were on this sailing in cabin 8160 which is very near the entrance to the stairs and never heard any noise from stairs, elevator or hallway.

d9cb7ef15816ce794b03cca6bc063fba.jpg

We have been in quite a few SJS on Anthem, right at the opening to the elevator and never had any problems of noise by the elevators and never heard people/kids running in the hallways.

We have been in quite a few SJS on Anthem, right at the opening to the elevator and never had any problems of noise by the elevators and never heard people/kids running in the hallways.

Really wow that's great.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you see him around the ship at all? When we were on in January, we almost never saw our captain (I forget his name, it was the one before Claus). I think the only time I saw him was during the C&A reception in 270, and he made a quick exit out of there. I'm used to captains on Celebrity being out and about and interacting with passengers. I understand that's not their primary job, but I certainly expected it based on previous sailings

Capt Henrik in April was always out and about, very visable.

Marg

thank you, I have him as currently on Anthem so my chart is correct for a change. LOL

NP; happy to help. Just wanted to add how incredibly impressed I am by the amount of work you put in to keep this list up-to-date.

Do your know who will be the Captain on the Anthem on the Sept, 8th sailing. I got conflicted info from RCCL. They said it was going to be Henrik Sorensen. But I also see Dustins name on your sheet and Erik. I'm confused to say the least. Wish I knew for sure.

I'm curious to know why it matters who the Captain is? Why would you need to know "for sure"? Are some more fun than others? Does one steer better than another? Or are you related and you want to see your Uncle Dustin or something?

HLR

I make personalized luggage tags for some of the officers and staff and like to be able to put their correct names on them. It's a little thank you for all the hard work they do to make our vacation special and they really seem to love them.

I make personalized luggage tags for some of the officers and staff and like to be able to put their correct names on them. It's a little thank you for all the hard work they do to make our vacation special and they really seem to love them.

That is so cool! Yea for you!

It is nice to hear such a nice reason explaining a post that might not make sense to you. Nice work!

HLR

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you so much! This is one of the most detailed and helpful Anthem reviews I have read, and I try to read as many as I can. Thank you for all the info. as well as your thoughts and opinions on the different restaurants!

Dina

Thank you so much! This is one of the most detailed and helpful Anthem reviews I have read, and I try to read as many as I can. Thank you for all the info. as well as your thoughts and opinions on the different restaurants!

Dina

Thanks for the nice feedback. I know how much I appreciated other CC reviews before I booked this cruise, so I was glad for the opportunity to do the same for someone else. Unfortunately, it seems all the information on the restaurants is now moot, as Anthem has apparently decided to drop Dynamic Dining. Personally, I think it's a shame as that was something that was very different for a cruise ship.

Yes, it was a pain in the butt to make all the reservations ahead of time and coordinate them with the shows, but once on board the ship all it went without a hitch. We were always seated within 3 minutes of arriving, the service was great in all 4 restaurants, the different menus were interesting and what we had was delicious, and it was something so unique to our cruising experience. I'm sorry to see it go.....