Any plus to having both FTTF & a Suite (Priority)

wingnt68

I think they all say that so hopefully the Porters will see it and know to put an orange sticker on your bags (but be sure to remind them). Mine also say FTTF and Priority and I'm Platinum, no suite. What does your boarding pass say?

PRIORITY - in red

PRIORITY - in red

So they didn't give you FTTF or the logo would have been there as well (at least that has been my experience. Maybe someone that has purchased FTTF while in a suite can confirm). I wonder if it is a glitch that is causing Priority (which also prints FTTF logo even if you didn't purchase it) to print on the luggage tags as well as the boarding pass (which is correct) or if they are now including Priority luggage delivery as a perk.

I have a Suite and FTTF, and a few weeks ago, there was some sort of glitch going on with Carnival's site and my luggage tags looked like this (see below) - note the words "PRIORITY" and "F2F" printed over each other.

Now, it seems Carnival has redesigned the luggage tags, and they have a slightly different look, with the booking number and sailing date off to the left side, and they say "PRIORITY" down the right side still, but not "F2F". But they still have the FTTF logo medallion (much bigger and than on the old style tag, and centered - a lot more obvious now).

Last time we booked a Suite and FTTF (Sept 2014), the tags did not say "Priority" anywhere. They said "F2F" down the side and had the logo medallion on them as well.

So, it seems that when I noticed my luggage tag glitch a few weeks ago, it was in the middle of the tag redesign, with some elements of the new and the old appearing at the same time.

Here's an earlier thread where we discussed it when the glitch was happening:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386687

LuggageTag.jpg

I have a Suite and FTTF, and a few weeks ago, there was some sort of glitch going on with Carnival's site and my luggage tags looked like this (see below) - note the words "PRIORITY" and "F2F" printed over each other.

Now, it seems Carnival has redesigned the luggage tags, and they have a slightly different look, with the booking number and sailing date off to the left side, and they say "PRIORITY" down the right side still, but not "F2F". But they still have the FTTF logo medallion (much bigger and than on the old style tag, and centered - a lot more obvious now).

Last time we booked a Suite and FTTF (Sept 2014), the tags did not say "Priority" anywhere. They said "F2F" down the side and had the logo medallion on them as well.

So, it seems that when I noticed my luggage tag glitch a few weeks ago, it was in the middle of the tag redesign, with some elements of the new and the old appearing at the same time.

Here's an earlier thread where we discussed it when the glitch was happening:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2386687

LuggageTag.jpg

Does your boarding pass say FTTF?

Does your boarding pass say FTTF?

Yes, in the upper, right corner of the blue box area, it says PRIORITY in red and bold, and it has the FTTF logo medallion just below that.

I'm sorry, I missed that you were talking about boarding passes last night and thought your were just talking about luggage tags.

Edited by ShakyBeef

Yes, in the upper, right corner of the blue box area, it says PRIORITY in red and bold, and it has the FTTF logo medallion just below that.

I'm sorry, I missed that you were talking about boarding passes last night and thought your were just talking about luggage tags.

Oh no, that's fine [emoji4]. I was trying to figure out if they were possibly making priority luggage delivery part of the suite perks, or if maybe there is a glitch in the system where it is taking the "Priority" from the boarding passes and automatically applying it to the luggage tags like it does for Platinum with the FTTF logo.

And thirdly, if they were including FTTF, or simply "giving" it to suites by accident or not as some may have thought. But being you are in a suite and bought FTTF and it shows the logo, then that rules that theory out. The only other possible explication I can come up with someone in the cabin is Platinum or Diamond as what happened in another thread.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Just checked our luggage tags for our cruise on the Carnival Pride in January/2017. CCL appears to have changed the "format" on their luggage tags. One-half of each side of the tag now has your Booking Number and Date of Sailing and, in our situation, a large "PRIORITY" marking stamp. Other information is the same, such as the Cabin Number and location. The other half of each side has a very large FTTF logo as well as the name of the ship and the passenger fills in his/her name. Just speculating, I would surmise the large FTTF logo will probably be used en leiu of the "yellow tape" which presently utilized by handlers. We have booked a Suite and this cruise will be our first in the "Platinum" category; so the luggage tags for Suites and/or FTTF only, may be somewhat different. I hope this description is adequate. Happy Cruising!

Well- I guess I'm confused as well :confused: We leave for Puerto Rico this Saturday, sailing on Sunday. We are in a suite but did not not purchase FTTF. On our luggage tags- on the right, it says "Priority" and then in the middle it has the circle with FTTF.....:confused:

Well- I guess I'm confused as well :confused: We leave for Puerto Rico this Saturday, sailing on Sunday. We are in a suite but did not not purchase FTTF. On our luggage tags- on the right, it says "Priority" and then in the middle it has the circle with FTTF.....:confused:

Either it's a glitch or a new perk. Enjoy your Priority luggage delivery!

Thanks!!! I will update after the trip and let everyone know if it was a glitch or if we actually get priority luggage delivery :)

Since your tags are already printed with that on it you will get it. Make sure to ask for the orange tags from the Porters.

What I meant by glitch was if they are being printed that way due to a glitch in the system. As if that's not a new perk.

Have a great cruise!

We are booked on the Magic, in a suite, and have not purchased FTTF. I printed our luggage tags a few weeks ago, but after reading this thread, checked our tags again this morning.

The ones I printed previously did not have FTTF on them, but the ones today do have it on them. Of course I reprinted them. Will be happy to have our luggage already in the stateroom!

This is our first suite, and our boarding passes say priority only, no FTTF, so possibly one of the new suite perks is early luggage?

So glad I read this thread. Thanks!

John confirmed on someone's question this morning that the FTTF is now an additional Suite Perk...Ill be happy with it

Also stated more to still be announced

I don't see that post. Either way, I am still highly skeptical. How in the world are the Room Stewards supposed to get all those cabins ready which are typically all in the same area plus Diamond/Platinum/FTTF? I think it's physically impossible. I won't believe it until I see it in writing. He has been known to be wrong before (whether it's his fault or not is up for discussion I'm sure).

I don't see that post. Either way, I am still highly skeptical. How in the world are the Room Stewards supposed to get all those cabins ready which are typically all in the same area plus Diamond/Platinum/FTTF? I think it's physically impossible. I won't believe it until I see it in writing. He has been known to be wrong before (whether it's his fault or not is up for discussion I'm sure).

It's in the question where the lady asks him directly about new suite perks and FTTF.....his answer was Yes and then went on about the water etc

Personally I've always been "One of those people" who without having FTTF would still go and just drop off my carryons in the suite and the last 3 years all 6 times the suite was already cleaned n ready...I can only remember 1 time when I got there and the steward was just finishing the vacuuming and I just put the carryon in the closet n left

So I can't see it being a problem.....

It'll be a nice perk that you don't have to pay for especially with the prices for FTTF just being raised

It's in the question where the lady asks him directly about new suite perks and FTTF.....his answer was Yes and then went on about the water etc

Personally I've always been "One of those people" who without having FTTF would still go and just drop off my carryons in the suite and the last 3 years all 6 times the suite was already cleaned n ready...I can only remember 1 time when I got there and the steward was just finishing the vacuuming and I just put the carryon in the closet n left

So I can't see it being a problem.....

It'll be a nice perk that you don't have to pay for especially with the prices for FTTF just being raised

Honestly he probably didn't understand the question or just said yes in a hurry not thinking it through. I absolutely do seeing it be a problem especially with the cutbacks in Room Stewards. I think that Priority luggage delivery should be a perk for suites and hope it stays that way. The rest of the FTTF perks I don't think will be there. But time will tell. Like I said, I'll believe it when it's announced by Carnival. I'm the type that doesn't buy into speculation. I need to see it in writing - ACTUAL CARNIVAL POLICY that is. Not what John says. Sorry. He means well but has been known to be wrong quite a bit.

Honestly he probably didn't understand the question or just said yes in a hurry not thinking it through. I absolutely do seeing it be a problem especially with the cutbacks in Room Stewards. I think that Priority luggage delivery should be a perk for suites and hope it stays that way. The rest of the FTTF perks I don't think will be there. But time will tell. Like I said, I'll believe it when it's announced by Carnival. I'm the type that doesn't buy into speculation. I need to see it in writing - ACTUAL CARNIVAL POLICY that is. Not what John says. Sorry. He means well but has been known to be wrong quite a bit.

I just printed my new luggage tags for my upcoming Oct 1st cruise...I had printed them 2 weeks ago as well....the ones from 2 weeks ago say "Priority" and now the new ones I printed today say Priority and have a very large Faster to the Fun on each

Luggage to the cabin quicker will be great but we'll see soon enough if it's correct

I just printed my new luggage tags for my upcoming Oct 1st cruise...I had printed them 2 weeks ago as well....the ones from 2 weeks ago say "Priority" and now the new ones I printed today say Priority and have a very large Faster to the Fun on each

Luggage to the cabin quicker will be great but we'll see soon enough if it's correct

I am Platinum and mine are identical to yours. All Priority luggage tags are the same. Make sure you have the Porters put the orange stickers on too.

Have a great cruise!