Navigator from Southampton uk

Hi guys, anyone know how strict RCI are with embarkation time at Southampton? On anthem last year we could just turn up but for navigator they are giving us times per deck? We wanted to go on about mid day but our isn't allowed till 2pm. It says that they will turn you away? Anyone experiences this?

Thanks

I always have bad luck from Southampton e.g. one year the bridge broke and we ended up stood on it for 2 hours waiting to board as they revered the cruise. That was on navigator.

My sister had worse..........they dropped her case in the sea :D ....It was P&O mind not RCL

My documents say anytime from 11. Is that because I am on deck 10?

We may avoid the crowds and go shopping in Southampton first.

The biggest issue in Southampton is how many other ships are in that day. If the are several the biggest crowds will be getting into the dock.

We usually arrive whenever is better for us with transport, sometimes we've had to wait a little while until they clear the ship, other times straight on, Southampton can be a bad port, depends how many ships are in that day and one of the terminals is quite small, I remember doing the Oasis transatlantic which was bad because all the guests who had embarked the previous day in Rotterdam had to get off and clear immigration, we were waiting about 2 hours outside the terminal.

Yes they may turn you away from the desk. As has been said, work at the terminal makes space limited. If you're given a 2pm slot, arrive at 1.30, otherwise they may say "oh you're too early, please wait until 2 o'clock"

Certain classes of C & A members can just turn up and board, though

Perhaps there are no other ships in port that day?

Navigator usually sails on a Sunday from Southampton looking through the next few departures there is always at least one other sailing at the same time - on 18th September there are 3 others!

Edited by Sancho_proudfoot