NCL Spirit

Newly weds1

If you like the smaller ship experience the Spirit is great. Older yes, but very nice. If you like big shiny bright ships with all the latest bells and whistles for activities and entertainment then the Spirit may not be the best choice for you. I love the Spirit and wouldn't hesitate to cruise her again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We sailed on the Spirit in July. LOVED it!!! Great ship with wonderful crew. It has a wonderful thing not on Getaway, Breakaway or Escape...a lounge like Galaxy of the Stars! It has wonderful views, the best bartenders and a great space for shows, games and dancing!!

Hi folks, i was wondering if anyone has been on the Norwegian spirit recently....it appears that this is a smaller, older ship and I was wondering if there are any recommendations out there??

We were just on the Spirit this past February. Link to my review in my signature, with pictures, in case you're interested...

We sailed on the Spirit in July. LOVED it!!! Great ship with wonderful crew. It has a wonderful thing not on Getaway, Breakaway or Escape...a lounge like Galaxy of the Stars! It has wonderful views, the best bartenders and a great space for shows, games and dancing!!

Hi folks, i was wondering if anyone has been on the Norwegian spirit recently....it appears that this is a smaller, older ship and I was wondering if there are any recommendations out there??

We were on the Spirit Apr 16. The Atrium is also very quiet and you can really relax while having a beverage and you can engage a conversation without having to yell to be heard. It also has a full Promenade to walk around the ship or just a place to relax.

It is a great ship with a great crew and the food is good. Service in the MDRs, Specialty restaurants and bars is very good.

Andre

This is great timing.We are booking European cruise this week.We narrowed it down to 2 cruises. NCL Spirt has the best ports and not a single day at sea(10 days) Celebrity Reflection has lesser desirable ports.We sailed Reflection and loved the classy grandeur of it. We are VERY concerned Spirit is small outdated and lack luster.

Things I've found out about spirit:

You need to pay for room service $8 each time

No bottled water unless you pay $2.50 each even with a drink package

It sounds like if you want lobster you need to pay extra which sounds crazy because the whole idea of a cruise is to eat your heart out.What does ALL inclusive Mean?? What other "hidden" things are there?

I get that Spirit is more laid back but if I'm dressed in slacks and a polo or a jacket and tie on captains night is it possible Ill be sitting next to someone in shorts and Flip Flops which would be weird?

These are the things stopping me from pulling the trigger on Spirit. Are my issues justified? I'm trying to give my 21 year old daughter a once in a lifetime "luxury wow factor" type trip

I understand the water and room service stuff is minimal but no one at NCL mentioned anything when I originally called and asked if there were any extras.I found out through my own research and only after I called back did they confirm it.With Celebrity everything is free.I ask these things because Ive only been on 2 cruises both with Celebrity and both were over the top.So I'm actually scared I'll be disappointed with Spirit.I'm not knocking Spirit as I've never cruised the ship.I guess I'm looking for reassurance the ship is over the top awesome before dropping a ton of money on the cruise plus the ridiculously overpriced flight...The good is easy..its good.Whats the bad?

Edited by Jonny Rotten

Jonny Rotten, we've been on lots of cruises and this past July might be one of the best. We met great people, the ports were amazing and the service great. You can look at cruises in our bio. If you want true luxury, I'd sail a luxury line like Seabourn, Crystal, Regent...but if you are looking for itinerary the Spirit can't be beat. There will be more party activities that a 21 year old might enjoy on NCL as opposed to a more laid back atmosphere. We've never sailed Celebrity but I've heard great things about the food. That could be a bad for you but food is so subjective so that's hard to predict. The cabins are showing some age but a dry dock is occurring this spring I believe.

As far as dress, shorts and flip flops are not permitted in one of the dining rooms or in Le Bistro so just choose that as your option the night you dress up.

We only used room service for the free breakfast in the morning. We filled water bottles to take ashore from the tap which was fine.

Jonny Rotten, we've been on lots of cruises and this past July might be one of the best. We met great people, the ports were amazing and the service great. You can look at cruises in our bio. If you want true luxury, I'd sail a luxury line like Seabourn, Crystal, Regent...but if you are looking for itinerary the Spirit can't be beat. There will be more party activities that a 21 year old might enjoy on NCL as opposed to a more laid back atmosphere. We've never sailed Celebrity but I've heard great things about the food. That could be a bad for you but food is so subjective so that's hard to predict. The cabins are showing some age but a dry dock is occurring this spring I believe.

As far as dress, shorts and flip flops are not permitted in one of the dining rooms or in Le Bistro so just choose that as your option the night you dress up.

We only used room service for the free breakfast in the morning. We filled water bottles to take ashore from the tap which was fine.

Thank you for the feedback.After much back and forth we booked the June 8th out of Rome on the Spirit.Our thing was "how often are we in Europe" never.We came here to see stuff not hang on the ship.I'm sure well be more than happy.Not a single day at sea and most ports don't leave till 7.So a shower dinner and a few drinks and we'll be sleeping and off to a new day.The ports look so amazingly fantastic it may just be the trip of a lifetime.Were more than OK with the smaller older ship...This is going to be a long year of waiting

Thank you for the feedback.After much back and forth we booked the June 8th out of Rome on the Spirit.Our thing was "how often are we in Europe" never.We came here to see stuff not hang on the ship.I'm sure well be more than happy.Not a single day at sea and most ports don't leave till 7.So a shower dinner and a few drinks and we'll be sleeping and off to a new day.The ports look so amazingly fantastic it may just be the trip of a lifetime.Were more than OK with the smaller older ship...This is going to be a long year of waiting

Glad you chose this cruise! We did the Grand Mediterranean in May this year. You're not going to get your "luxury" cruise, but have great ports! I don't recall a Captain's night, but we only ate in the Main dining room one time. Otherwise we had our 5 specialty restaurant dinners, and ate in the buffet the rest of the time. We sat outside for every meal at the buffet! The most dressed up my husband got was a button down and pair of jeans. I never felt as though he was underdressed in any of the restaurants.