Alcohol

Agapantha1956

Hi there - I am going on my first cruise and am wondering if the Premium Drink Package is really worthwhile - I do not drink a huge amount but ...if the drinks I will be having are more than $12 per drink, then it is a complete waste of time but if the cocktails are under, then it well could be - but it is a lot to drink ( in my opinion ) as it is about 8-9 drinks per night at $10 per drink or thereabouts.

Does anyone know the prices of cocktails, bourbon, vodka etc

95% of all the drinks will be included in your drink package. My understanding too (and it may depend on your cruise line) is that the drinks package includes gratuities but the prices of the drinks if you don't have the package then have the gratuity added. So a drink which is $10 then becomes something like $11.80. Remember it also includes sodas, water, coffee etc depending on who you cruise with [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your answer will vary some by cruise line, but it really comes down to you. For some, the package is a great deal. For others, it is a waste of money.

I don't know about other sections on here, but in the Princess area, there is a spreadsheet that allow you to enter your anticipated consumption and it tells you whether to buy or not.

You have to have about 8 drinks a day to make it worthwhile. We don't drink beer or during the day so it is not worth it for us at all. On some ships EVERYONE in the cabin MUST buy it. You are the only one who can use it. You cannot buy someone else a drink with it and the waiters make sure you don't.

I bought a wine package once and the 15% tip was added to my final bill for the 5 bottles- it was not included in the actual package price.

I now ask for and get the 'house' wine, my husband may get the 'house' gin for his Gin & tonic if they don't have Tanqueray. (cost is about $14 with the 15% tip for both of us.) These 'house' prices are lower than if you let your bar waiter decide what alcohol to get you. You can ask what the 'house' whatever is and then decide if you want it. If not then ask for the brand you want, don't let you bar waiter decide.

This is a cruise line specific question and needs to be posted on that cruise lines boards. While most of the lines have drink packages the rules are different, and the general answers that have been given may or may not be correct on the OP's line.