What is Celebrity's Standard Beverage Package??

teach/2/cruise

This package is confusing us. When you click on "more Information" it states "Choose from Premium and Classic Packages in both spirited and non-spirited varieties"" What does this mean? Anyone have knowledge of this package? There are no price limits just that statement. Help please

Spirited have liquor in them,

non-spirited do not.

My husband & I purchased the Standard package yesterday for our Silhouette T/A at the 30% discount and then we were able to get an additional 10% off for Elite+ discount. That brought the package price down to ~$33/day including gratuity. We could have gotten the 30% discount by booking it online but we needed to call Celebrity to get the additional 10%.

I noticed today that the packages are still discounted 30% online for our cruise despite the talk that the discount would expire Aug 28th. These discounts are good for all three of the unlimited alcohol packages (Premium, Classic, Standard) so if you thought you were closed out today you might want to check again or call Celebrity.

I think the Standard Package will be fine for us since I am perfectly happy with well brand cocktails like a mojito or cosmopolitan. Obviously people with more discerning tastes will want to go for one of the higher end packages. To me it's kind of like being able to extend the 2-hour Elite lounge/coupon benefit to 24/7. My drink options will be limited but I won't have to consume within a 2-hour window.

Does anybody know if the price of the beverage package bought pre-cruise from the Celebrity website would be any different from the beverage package bought once onboard? Could waiting and buying onboard be less expensive?

I see you're from ON so the prices on board are in USD so you have to think about exchange and related fees. The pricing is normally the same or very close again depending on the exchange. The CDN web-sites prices in CDN at 1.3 (0.7) for an exchange. So a $55US package is $71.5 CDN.

I think you can buy a package mid cruise and only pay for the day you buy until the end but don't quote me. You also can't decline once you buy. Remember the gratuity in in US as all prices on board.

This package is confusing us. When you click on "more Information" it states "Choose from Premium and Classic Packages in both spirited and non-spirited varieties"" What does this mean? Anyone have knowledge of this package? There are no price limits just that statement. Help please

The Standard Package is our entry-level alcoholic drink package, and is $10/day less than the Classic package.

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, guests can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

Unlike the Premium and Classic packages which offer specific liquor brands, the Standard Package offers "well brands"; every main liquor type is available within the Standard Package (e.g. vodka, gin, rum, whiskey, etc.