What is Celebrity's Standard Beverage Package??

teach/2/cruise

This package is confusing us. When you click on "more Information" it states "Choose from Premium and Classic Packages in both spirited and non-spirited varieties"" What does this mean? Anyone have knowledge of this package? There are no price limits just that statement. Help please

most non premium mixed drinks are included in the classic package. You can order whatever you want like a gin and tonic, margarita, pina colada, mojito, etc..., but they will make it with whatever alcohol they want. Most domestic beers included with some imports.Just check the list on the Celebrity website and it is pretty close. We like the premium options, but we have done several cruises with the classic package and you can get most of what you want. For most people it is more than adequate. If you have a free classic package, it is only about $11/day to upgrade to the premium and you don't even have to do it on the first day. See how it goes an upgrade on the 2nd or 3rd day, if you see the benefit.

This package is confusing us. When you click on "more Information" it states "Choose from Premium and Classic Packages in both spirited and non-spirited varieties"" What does this mean? Anyone have knowledge of this package? There are no price limits just that statement. Help please

This seems to be a very new package. My guess is that the liquor is mostly rail. But, truthfully, why would someone get it?

most non premium mixed drinks are included in the classic package. You can order whatever you want like a gin and tonic, margarita, pina colada, mojito, etc..., but they will make it with whatever alcohol they want. Most domestic beers included with some imports.Just check the list on the Celebrity website and it is pretty close. We like the premium options, but we have done several cruises with the classic package and you can get most of what you want. For most people it is more than adequate. If you have a free classic package, it is only about $11/day to upgrade to the premium and you don't even have to do it on the first day. See how it goes an upgrade on the 2nd or 3rd day, if you see the benefit.

Unfortunately we do not have any free package :( looking at adding one.. maybe lol do you know anything about the Standard Beverage Package that is on the Celebrity site

Unfortunately we do not have any free package :( looking at adding one.. maybe lol do you know anything about the Standard Beverage Package that is on the Celebrity site

I too was questioning this package as I don't have a beverage package either but was considering adding one. This is what I found on the Celebrity website but was unable to find a detailed version like the one offered for the Classic and Premium packages. I wonder if specialty coffees are included. Hope this helps!

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

I too was questioning this package as I don't have a beverage package either but was considering adding one. This is what I found on the Celebrity website but was unable to find a detailed version like the one offered for the Classic and Premium packages. I wonder if specialty coffees are included. Hope this helps!

Choose select beers and wines, spirits, cocktails, liquors and frozen drinks up to $6 per serving. Brand availability varies by bar location, but includes a variety of well branded spirits, popular wines and beers, fountain sodas, and bottled water. Plus, with purchase of this Standard Package, you can enjoy a 10% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

We called Celebrity today and all they told us was there was a $6 cap on all drinks. I have seen on here a posting that listed the drinks offered in the Classic and Premium package but not this new Standard Package. I'm not a fussy drinker but do have certain drinks I like.

I will look for the link

I've been looking for the same information for my Transatlantic later this year (no included drinks package so either go without or buy a discounted package). Here is a very useful link someone posted on this forum several months ago:

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPCkmIcSVT6kv4cFNkFruEXDEZehl_QAf6BwTcH5khDDTauayItsay6sx7f0u3-gA?key=cW5JNk1NMHFfWnRRM3dwaHBZSENTc0ZERHloYkp3

If you keep scrolling down you'll find a "drinks" portion with various bar menus as well as descriptions of drinks packages. The "Standard Package" is in the middle of that row--between the descriptions of the Premium and Classic packages.

My best guess (and only a guess) is the package includes most of what is offered in the Elite lounge or available with the Elite coupons. That would be a few choices of house wine/beer and some standard (well brand) cocktails. This would be sufficient for me but YMMV.

Much like any list you find, the one referenced has inaccuracies although it was printed an distributed by Celebrity.

1) note at the bottom..."may be enjoyed in any bar or restaurant" is untrue...try to order a martini (or other drink) at the martini bar if you don't have the premium package...nada.

2) Americano is listed in standard package. Classic package says "in addition to the drinks in the standard package..... but guess what...the americano is not included in the classic package because the price is now over the classic $ limit. It remains in the standard package because it's specifically listed and it's included in the premium package.

I'm sure there are more differences but I have experienced these two personally.

Truth is....don't believe everything you read, even if it's from Celebrity posted here, posted in an ad (remember the attempted classic package fiasco with the UK ads and UK web site conflicting with HQ and the ships) or on their web siteS which occasionally/often differ. The only way to find out if what you want is included in your package is to ask on board since Celebrity doesn't publish prices for drinks anywhere.

That's a problem for those who want to take advantage of the current discount on drink packages....but based on experience, you really don't know if what you think you are buying is what you will get on the ship.

You just have to take your best shot and hope....

Edited by ghstudio

Thank you for all of the responses. I also noticed on one of the links the standard package sign list Coors Light is included but when you look at the list of what is included for beers it is not on it. So do they honor their advertising sign? Probably not. I can see where there are some discrepancies between the signs, the printed list, and most likely what the bar tenders have knowledge of. What ever package we choose we will make the best of it and our cruise will still be wonderful.

You need the Premium Package to drink the large Martini's in the Martini Bar!

Not sure if it changes on every ship, but on Reflection last year, my drinks were served in "medium size" glasses with tall stems, using my basic package at the Martini Bar. Definitely not the ones shown in the brochure that have a short stem. But size is not a concern, since you are entitled for unlimited quantities.

I was very satisfied with the basic package.

Not sure if it changes on every ship, but on Reflection last year, my drinks were served in "medium size" glasses with tall stems, using my basic package at the Martini Bar. Definitely not the ones shown in the brochure that have a short stem. But size is not a concern, since you are entitled for unlimited quantities.

I was very satisfied with the basic package.

The martini bar rules seem to change depending on ship, staff and maybe the number of visible stars in the sky. On some cruise, they refuse to make any small(regular) sized martinis of any kind at the martini bar.....you can't even get a glass of absolut on the classic package and absolut is always on the classic package. On other ships/cruises, they will cheerfully make any of four martinis (I forget which ones) in the smaller glasses for those on the classic package.

There's no way to predict what you will find on your cruise.

I think it is anything under $6. The classic has different prices per spirit $6 for beer, 8 for spirits/cocktails and 9 for wine. I may have the wine and spirit prices mixed up but you get the drift.

The overall pricing goes up from standard to premium packages. The Go good/better/best are good deals for your next cruise.

We are sailing in October and because it is a repo we had to add on and pay for the drink package. Our daughter decided to go with the standard knowing she can upgrade nice on board. Besides the 6 dollar cap it does not include the coffees in The cafe so not sure if that makes a difference to you.

We are sailing in October and because it is a repo we had to add on and pay for the drink package. Our daughter decided to go with the standard knowing she can upgrade nice on board. Besides the 6 dollar cap it does not include the coffees in The cafe so not sure if that makes a difference to you.

Did you get the 30% discount that is being offered on cruises departing by the end of 2016? You must book my the end of August?

Of course you will not get the discount on any upgrade on board.

Did you get the 30% discount that is being offered on cruises departing by the end of 2016? You must book my the end of August?

What discount is this? When I checked the prices on the Celebrity website, they reflect the normal regular prices without a discount... do you have to call? Where did you see/hear about this discount? Thanks!

Good Morning cruising friends. Is this 30% discount off the beverage packages? And how do you get it. When I go to the website it doesn't show any discount to me. Thanks for your help.

To all of you who responded - Thank you so much for your help.:)

This seems to be a very new package. My guess is that the liquor is mostly rail. But, truthfully, why would someone get it?

I think this is a free package offered to the UK market if they take an inside or window. We managed to get the Classic included for our balcony and found it okay, but a little limited. So I am not sure what on earth is included with the standard.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What discount is this? When I checked the prices on the Celebrity website, they reflect the normal regular prices without a discount... do you have to call? Where did you see/hear about this discount? Thanks!

Good Morning cruising friends. Is this 30% discount off the beverage packages? And how do you get it. When I go to the website it doesn't show any discount to me. Thanks for your help.

To all of you who responded - Thank you so much for your help.:)

I see where you had to book by August 28 which was yesterday. I should have rechecked and warned you.

We "survived" the standard (included) package on a May 2016 cruise and it was great for us.

We are not fancy Cocktail people but we found the wines offered in the MDR acceptable, in fact better than the Elite choices.

We liked getting the included fancy coffee drinks the El Bacio with the excellent desserts. We liked getting good coffee (lattes) and better juices in the buffet at breakfast and picking up bottled water for the room.

We would not have paid for coffee drinks or frozen drinks during the show if we had not been on the package so that tells you what kind of penny pinchers we are usually. It was a treat to get a pre-dinner drink without going up to the Elite lounge when you are running late.

We enjoyed having the package but looked at it differently than some of the others who have commented here. I guess it is all about what you

usually do on cruises and what you would drink at home.

We "survived" the standard (included) package on a May 2016 cruise and it was great for us.

We are not fancy Cocktail people but we found the wines offered in the MDR acceptable, in fact better than the Elite choices.

We liked getting the included fancy coffee drinks the El Bacio with the excellent desserts. We liked getting good coffee (lattes) and better juices in the buffet at breakfast and picking up bottled water for the room.

We would not have paid for coffee drinks or frozen drinks during the show if we had not been on the package so that tells you what kind of penny pinchers we are usually. It was a treat to get a pre-dinner drink without going up to the Elite lounge when you are running late.

We enjoyed having the package but looked at it differently than some of the others who have commented here. I guess it is all about what you

usually do on cruises and what you would drink at home.

Are you sure you did not have the included "Classic package" and not the Standard package that is different.

My wife and I think that this perk on Celebrity is perfect for our needs...and you don't pay an additional 18% like some other cruise lines. Even though we are Elite we like the flexibility so we can go anywhere/anytime and enjoy specialty coffees; sodas; and most importantly adult beverages:). After all every hour of time onboard is for enjoyment, meeting new folks, and relaxation! Since we are not into top shelf products (AKA highly marketed brands nor do we drink martinis) we are very happy with what they offer. If you need top shelf product just ante up the minimal upcharge for Premium and enjoy life!!!