Has anyone gone on a cruise and not got off the ship/ or done excursions

cocacola86

DW and I did an entire seven day stay aboard cruise. At Cozumel, we got off and bought a bottle of vanilla on the pier, and got right back on. Stayed on at Grand Cayman. Got off in Montego Bay and walked from one end of the pier to the other, and got back on board. We found it very relaxing. It goes without saying that these are standard ports that we have done many times before. it is a relaxing change of pace.

-John

I very rarely leave the ship anymore, unless it's a port that I totally enjoy. (Usually leave the ship in Key West because I rarely get there.);) I've done 55 Carnival cruises, mostly in the Caribbean, and about 60 cruises on other lines, so I've been there, done that.

The ship is GREAT when in port and most of the other passengers are ashore. I can have any lounger I want, the hot tubs are empty, and I can enjoy the buffet without standing in line to get extra french fries. :D

Try it,,,you'll like it!

"SKY"

I, too, remain on the ship while in port these days...a quickie Carnival out of Tampa on Sep 12 is coming up. Many years ago, I enjoyed "primitive" ports on freighters until they opened up to cruise ships which spoiled all that. Around the World in four months on a freighter in 1972 can be "exciting" if you get your jollies being hung up on a sand bar for hours in the middle of the Orinoco river, or renting a car in Durban and getting lost in Zululand or risked your head being blown off in the Gaza Strip, or love floating on the Dead Sea, or your stomach can take a TransPacific in the winter. Jugolinian freighters offered 12 passenger accommodations and great conversation which was the only "entertainment" on board.

Good ole days??

I was just wondering if you could tell me about your time on the Liberty ? And what was your Destination When you cruised the Liberty? Did they do shows in the evening? Thanks Tami

Our last cruise, we didn't book any excursions at all. We didn't go to the dining room at all either. That cruise was totally about relaxing and just enjoying our time together. It was glorious!! Likely one of my most favorite cruises ever.

Our last cruise, we didn't book any excursions at all. We didn't go to the dining room at all either. That cruise was totally about relaxing and just enjoying our time together. It was glorious!! Likely one of my most favorite cruises ever.

We did this exact same thing last year on the Glory and it was by far our favorite cruise to date!! We got off the ship but just chilled out on the beach. It was the most relaxing vacation I have ever taken! We only went to the dining room one night and the rest of the time we ate on the Lido and were perfectly happy.

Edited by Jenny in TX

I have done that as well especially when I been to the same ports. I love to stay on the ship during that time because it is great. Nice and quiet. You feel like you have the ship to yourself (lol). So enjoy it and try it.

Ditto for ports we've been to more than once. Sometimes I might get off and do some souvenir shopping at the port shops and then get back on board for lunch and a quiet afternoon on deck.

We're not big on sunbathing on sandy beaches so on days like Half Moon Cay we take the tender in ,,, have a drink or 2 at a bar on the island ... then tender back to the ship for lunch. There's hardly anyone in then buffet and you have your choice of sitting anywhere out on the deck you wish. :D The Serenity areas even have all kinds of seating available.