Snagged a last minute upgrade for my daughter - she sails tomorrow!!!

So back in March my dd booked a trip for her and her boyfriend (hopefully fiance before the trip is over;)) using BOA points for a free OV. They are sailing tomorrow on the Enchantment. Well, as you all know the "free" cruise is NOT free but anyway I was checking prices today and a balcony was available so i called C&A this morning at 10am and asked how much to upgrade. I really wasn't expecting to be able to since when we booked the rep said that by using the "free" cruise points we would NOT be able to make any changes to the reservation BUT this rep said we could but they would have to use the "standard" pricing not the price on the website. Yikes.... Long story short while she was repricing the reservation the cabin disappeared. She promised to keep an eye on it but warned me the manifest needed to be submitted by noon and it was already almost 11am!!! I hung up the phone so disappointed but the anal travel researcher that I am kept trying to fake book a balconey and FINALLY at 11:20am one was available. I immediately called C&A and was able to confirm the balcony upgrade for them at a whopping $18. I am beyond excited!!!

I'm hoping to do the same for myself next month on our cruise!