Does Carnival refund a cruise?

asalligo

You wake up cruise morning and you puke, but you feel fine after that, you go to breakfast and you puke again. You are starting to feel not right and your check in time is in one hour. Your way home is a flight which is scheduled for 7 days from now. You are taking the shuttle from hotel to cruise port, so you do not even have a car.

Would you really be honest at this point and risk not cruising? Would you just not even go to the port and start working to get home? I think most people are going to do their best to get on that boat and self quarantine.

Be honest now, try to really envision yourself in this position and think about all the logistics issues you will have to deal with while sick if you take this high road.

Being totally honest here..I certainly would not lie on the health questionnaire. If I was that sick and only had an hour before boarding then I wouldn't have time to go to an urgent care to get checked out prior to the cruise. I would contact Carnival and let them know my situation. Then most likely I would call the hotels front desk, explain the situation and request an extended stay. I would self quarantine myself in my hotel room not on the cruise ship. I would not fly home until I was well. If I wasn't better in 48 hours I would most likely call for medical assistance.

If I didn't purchase travel insurance that would be on me. I would not risk infecting a ship full of passengers who paid thousands of dollars for their long planned vacation or the crew due to my bad fortune, selfishness and irresponsibility. That would not be right.

Sorry, but it blows my mind to think that someone who was obviously that sick would not only lie on the health questionnaire, but be so selfish as to risk the health of others, especially an entire cruise ship full of passengers and crew all because they were thinking of only themselves and how much money they would lose by missing the cruise.

Being totally honest here..I certainly would not lie on the health questionnaire. If I was that sick and only had an hour before boarding then I wouldn't have time to go to an urgent care to get checked out prior to the cruise. I would contact Carnival and let them know my situation. Then most likely I would call the hotels front desk, explain the situation and request an extended stay. I would self quarantine myself in my hotel room not on the cruise ship. I would not fly home until I was well. If I wasn't better in 48 hours I would most likely call for medical assistance.

If I didn't purchase travel insurance that would be on me. I would not risk infecting a ship full of passengers who paid thousands of dollars for their long planned vacation or the crew due to my bad fortune, selfishness and irresponsibility. That would not be right.

Sorry, but it blows my mind to think that someone who was obviously that sick would not only lie on the health questionnaire, but be so selfish as to risk the health of others, especially an entire cruise ship full of passengers and crew all because they were thinking of only themselves and how much money they would lose by missing the cruise.

you are an honest person, doing the right thing, and that is great. but lets not be in denial that a large % of people would still do everything they could to get on that ship. It's just the truth

If a person is disqualified and turned away after filling out the Public Health Questionnaire? I mean it is no fault of either party.

I think you will have the option of being quarantined in your cabin. Don't remember where I read this. You will still take the cruise, but won't be able to go to restaurants, shows, etc. - until the cruise doctor relieves you.

I take a medicine infamous for causing intestinal distress, and am working on getting an actual diagnosis for my "sensitive tummy" (about half of my family has a diagnosis of IBS and a few have Krohns and many of my older relatives have died of colon cancer). I plan on answering the question #1 in the negative, unless I am actually sick with a stomach virus. Mostly because it hasn't developed in the last few days, I have been like this my whole life.

I would suggest that if they have not yet tested you that you ask to be tested for Celiac disease. Often IBS is actually Celiac or Gluten Sensitivity and cancer rates are higher among Celiacs. My Mom was officially diagnosed a Celiac at autopsy.

I'm so sorry, but unfortunately no they would not. This is not uncommon. Are you sure it's not food poisoning instead of an actual virus? I think they will examine you for free, but if you are contagious anyone around you is now at risk.

With food poisoning you do not have a fever.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If a person is disqualified and turned away after filling out the Public Health Questionnaire? I mean it is no fault of either party.

That's exactly what trip cancellation insurance is for -when you can't go on your cruise and it's not your fault.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I say again it's overdramatic.

Sure the paperwork says they can do this. The key is they have to be able to prove that you knew you were sick which is impossible.

People sail all the time sick and they know they are sick. Realistically someone without insurance is not going to answer honestly and get refused to board losing thousands of dollars.

What point of Federal Law do you not understand???????

Michael