Plus size cruiser needs tips

Vibrantvirgo81

I wouldn't worry about your weight. There will be all sizes and shapes on the cruise.

Catalina is really not good for snorkeling but you can go on a glass bottom boat. The fish are not the beautiful tropical fish but mostly brownish and grays. You can go on a tour to see the dolphins, do a tour of the island, see the botanical gardens, or if you are adventurous, ride a segway. There are lots of shops and you can walk around the town. I'm not sure when you are planning to go on the cruise but it might be too cold to lie on the beach (which is not very large).

There are severak sightseeing tours in Ensenada or you can walk around town (I wouldn't stray too far from the ship by myself). Fishing is a big attraction in Ensenada, and there is always shopping.

II was really hoping to lose like 50 lbs before my first cruise in a month but due to an overload of stress and stress eating it doesn't look like that's going to happen. 🙁 This may sound like a silly question but can I still have fun being so overweight? I'm afraid I'm going to be the biggest woman on the ship and I won't have fun. It's only me and my 14yr old son going. I already can't do the zip line or horseback riding and probably not the snorkeling as they all seem to have the same weight limit. Our cruise is 4 days and from Long Beach to Catalina Island to Ensenada and back.

How exciting, your first cruise! You will be hooked and addicted for sure!:D

As others have said, there are so many different body types on cruises, please don't worry about it. Just focus on having an amazing vacation with your son and having lots of fun!

Also, please don't eat just salads, :rolleyes: there are so many different foods, try them all and enjoy them!

Take it all in because those 4 days are going to fly by!:)

How exciting, your first cruise! You will be hooked and addicted for sure!:D

As others have said, there are so many different body types on cruises, please don't worry about it. Just focus on having an amazing vacation with your son and having lots of fun!

Also, please don't eat just salads, :rolleyes: there are so many different foods, try them all and enjoy them!

Take it all in because those 4 days are going to fly by!:)

As another fluffy woman, go on the cruise, enjoy yourself and leave all your stress behind. I did gain weight my first two or three cruises because I did enjoy trying everything. Now I know what I like so I focus on those things and take the stairs and work out at the gym and go home happy and with no extra weight. As a first timer, just go for it! You won't regret it!

Okay years ago I was sitting out on the deck and looking at this woman in a leopard bikini. You know the type. Loud, drink in hand, bouncing around so everyone will notice her. I was watching her and thinking "man, I wouldn't wear that bikini if I had those hips". Then I decided that was catty and chastised myself. A moment later a guy asks if he can share my table. Sure. He looks at the same woman and says, "man, I wouldn't wear that bikini if I had those hips". It was very funny.

Skinny supermodels can afford their own yacht. Cruises are for us fluffy people. Everyone is so busy having a great time that they aren't spending time at what others look like.

What!! Don't worry about size, just have fun. You will see fellow cruisers in all sizes believe me. It does not matter at all.

I am a fluffy Nana and I have a condition that causes swelling. I will cruise as often and as far as I can.

Last year I went to Tahiti and went swimming with the rays. The world is still spinning and the rays didn't care. All around the world I have seen some good sized wonderful Native people.

Everyone is different and everyone has challenges so just go with a big smile and teach your son that it is what is in your heart that counts. I would love to lose weight but if you see me my face will greet you with a smile. I might be smaller for my next cruise but I am the exact same person.

Enjoy every minute of life and try and unload some of the stress. I know it is very hard but do not pack any extra burdens.

Smooth sailing

6boysnana

If more people had your attitude, the world would be a better place. Just be yourself and treat people the way you want to be treated. enjoy your cruise.

I have taken a granddaughter twice, at ages 15 and 16. Sea days I have my books, she hangs out with kids she meets at the teen club. And we have meals together.

We choose excursions together finding ones where we can both go, but she can choose to participate in something active. One of our favorites was sailing to a snorkeling site. I stayed on the boat and she jumped right in. We both had a terrific time and she learned what fun sailing is.

I bet you and your son will have a great time and you'll be planning a longer one as soon as you get home.