Views about the Carnival Conquest

richfret

You didn't happen to be on the June 4th-9th cruise, were you? Debarkation was a nightmare. Everyone was supposed to go to the designated waiting areas, but hundreds of people did whatever they wanted. They were clogging the lobby, the hallways, the elevator areas, and even the stairs. We sat in the Toulouse lounge like we were supposed to and people were going before their group was called, cutting in line. And none of the staff would do anything about it. We'd talk to some and we could hear them over the radios and several of them admitted that it was out of control, but they just let it continue. No one would assert any authority and tell the ones who were doing wrong to go sit down and wait their turn. It truly looked as if it was their first time getting people off the ship.

I wonder if they got a good talking-to between then and end of July because there was a HUGE staff presence when we debarked in July. They were eye-balling everyone and pointing them to different lines and holding some here and there and our debarkation was smooth and quick. I think we actually started a little before 9 (first stop was guest services to take care of something) and were through customs and outside waiting on our shuttle to the off-site parking by 9:40. I was in my car heading home before 10. Not sure if our FTTF had anything to do with that.

You didn't happen to be on the June 4th-9th cruise, were you? Debarkation was a nightmare. Everyone was supposed to go to the designated waiting areas, but hundreds of people did whatever they wanted. They were clogging the lobby, the hallways, the elevator areas, and even the stairs. We sat in the Toulouse lounge like we were supposed to and people were going before their group was called, cutting in line. And none of the staff would do anything about it. We'd talk to some and we could hear them over the radios and several of them admitted that it was out of control, but they just let it continue. No one would assert any authority and tell the ones who were doing wrong to go sit down and wait their turn. It truly looked as if it was their first time getting people off the ship.

Yes that was the one. Other than that it was fabulous cruise

I wonder if they got a good talking-to between then and end of July because there was a HUGE staff presence when we debarked in July.

I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, it was our first cruise so we had never seen a debarkation process before, but you wouldn't have to to know it wasn't supposed to happen like that. It truly was that bad. Like I said, they fully admitted how out of control it was. Strange how a seasoned crew could lose control like that.

Yes that was the one. Other than that it was fabulous cruise
Small world! :) I agree, the few hiccups did not ruin it for us. Edited by Organized Chaos

I did a short B2B on the Conquest last month. LOVED the ship. I didn't think age was an issue. Of course I've never been on a new ship, so maybe that's why, who knows. But I've been in old hotels, and I didn't get that impression about the ship. She has a fantastic crew, and the food was excellent. I would definitely recommend this ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Conquest this past May. We'd been on the Liberty twice, so I knew the layout would be essentially the same. Yes, there are some signs of wear and tear, like the floor tiles in the Lido area. I didn't care much for the large glass flower lights in the Lido area. Put me in mind of something out of "Alice In Wonderland". But that's just my opinion. Overall, it's a nice ship. The Liberty is still my favorite. Embarkation was pretty well organized. We had FTTF, and that was definitely a plus for us. Debarkation was a big mess, but I blame that on the CD. He should have allowed more time between calling Zone numbers, at least twenty minutes. The stairways and elevator lobbies were very crowded. Once we got off of the ship and made our way to baggage claim, going through Customs went pretty smoothly.

We were on the Conquest in June and my only complaint was debarkation was a cluster. That did not deter us as we will be sailing on her again this coming Saturday. Can anyone who has sailed recently comment on their debarkation experiences?

We just returned from our cruise on Sunday. The ship is showing its age and needs some TLC. There was lots of visible rust on our suite balcony as well as the lido main pool area looked a little run down. The staff were working hard at keeping it clean and they did repaint parts of our balcony while in port one day.

We did self debark - left the ship at 8:00 am (relatively easy) to enter the terminal and get into a long line :). It took around 45 mins to get through the line - it moved pretty quickly. Outside we grabbed a taxi and were at the airport by 9:00 :)

WE were on the conquest July 16th. Had a great time. Everyone was friendly.

What I like the most is having the coffee shop on Lido Aft. Bought a coffee and was out at the Adult pool in Minutes. The staff in the steakhouse were the best. We are on a premier cruise Jan 7 2017 b2b . The only problem we will have to change cabins because the 2 cruises were not booked at the same time.

We did have a problem embarking my husband needs wheelchair assistance and there wasn't any available curbside. They made us walk a long distance and wanted us to wait outside in 90 degree heat .I said that is not acceptable he was ready to pass out. We are platinum members our first time leaving fll with carnival. Someone finally came with a wheelchair and it still took over an hour to board the ship. never had this problem in Miami. Hoping the boarding will be better in Jan. with schedule arrival times.

Just off ship 8/28/16.

I enjoyed the ship very much. The ship is nearly 15 years old and you cannot expect it to be flawless. There were a few areas that could use some paint but the crew was constantly working to touch the areas up. Our balcony received a "touch up" while in port one day and they were replacing carpets in cabins all week. (deck 7)

Of my 88 cruises with Carnival, this had to have been the smoothest I have sailed. Crew was excellent, food was real good and the cabin (7439) was in great shape with A/C that worked VERY well. Excellent cabin attendant too!

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again and look forward to my next cruise.

We were on this tug in April. From boarding terminal nightmare to getting off at the end nightmare, it was almost the worst cruise. That goes to The Destiny and a flooded suite. I'd rather be in steerage on the Titanic than try again. Glad you like Carnival.

OMG, you obviously hate Carnival so why do you continue to cruise on it? Your negative attitude about everything is truly nauseating. Stay in Ohio and stick to golf if you are going to constantly complain. A positive attitude goes a long way.

BTW, we sailed on Conquest 5/15 and had a great time. No complaints.

Just off ship 8/28/16.

I enjoyed the ship very much. The ship is nearly 15 years old and you cannot expect it to be flawless. There were a few areas that could use some paint but the crew was constantly working to touch the areas up. Our balcony received a "touch up" while in port one day and they were replacing carpets in cabins all week. (deck 7)

Of my 88 cruises with Carnival, this had to have been the smoothest I have sailed. Crew was excellent, food was real good and the cabin (7439) was in great shape with A/C that worked VERY well. Excellent cabin attendant too!

I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again and look forward to my next cruise.

We were on the same cruise - our cabin was 7250. I agree - the air conditioner worked really really well. :) I forgot about the carpet replacement on deck 7!

What is at the BBQ joint? Has anyone posted a menu?

This is not the new Guy's BBQ joint that is on the Magic. There is a menu posted on the boards (this replaced the fish n chips on deck 10)

Menu consisted of BBQ chicken (awesome), pulled pork (very good), beef (okay), marcaroni and cheese (meh), potatoe salad (hit & miss) and baked beans (excellent - had some heat). i didn't eat the coleslaw or the soft rolls. It was our new favorite place to eat.

I appreciate your thoughts on the Conquest. We are saiing on her next month. I am looking for fresh made Mojitos, not from a premade mix. Can anyone recommend a bar on the ship? thanks!!

The Alchemy Bar.

And for an earlier poster, it does, indeed, have a Red Frog Rum Bar by the Lido pool.

Absolutely loved the Conquest. Great crew, service was excellent, good food, nice traffic flow (not crowded feeling) and overall very pleasant vacation.

Enjoy it!