New To Norwegian, booking with travel agent. HELP :)

jetta8300

Hello! My husband and I are taking a last minute cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway October 2nd. We will be booking on Friday. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Carnival before, but never Norwegian. We are very excited! My sister became a travel agent a few months ago, and now I am kind of obligated to book with her, which I have never done before and have mixed feelings about.

I was wondering how easy it is, from those that use travel agents, to do any kind of onboard reservations for things like shows, dining, etc. when booking with a travel agent instead of on the website. Do I still have control over these things (since I've never booked with Norwegian at all and am completely unfamiliar?). Am I still able to have an online account for online check in, and reservations?

Any other pointers at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Hello! My husband and I are taking a last minute cruise to Bermuda on the Breakaway October 2nd. We will be booking on Friday. We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Carnival before, but never Norwegian. We are very excited! My sister became a travel agent a few months ago, and now I am kind of obligated to book with her, which I have never done before and have mixed feelings about.

I was wondering how easy it is, from those that use travel agents, to do any kind of onboard reservations for things like shows, dining, etc. when booking with a travel agent instead of on the website. Do I still have control over these things (since I've never booked with Norwegian at all and am completely unfamiliar?). Am I still able to have an online account for online check in, and reservations?

Any other pointers at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!:)

Yes, you can do all those things no matter how you booked. Visit the NCL site and register. You'll be able to go to you vacation summary on MyNCL and make dining and show reservations and do your online check-in. Have a great cruise!!

You will have total control over your dining/entertainment reservations etc. and pretty much everything else on board. If you run into problems with those aspects of your booking, you can call NCL and deal with them directly, you don't have to go through your TA.

You will have access to your reservation through MyNCL just like people who book directly through NCL. Online check-in, shore excursions, beverage/dining packages, etc.: you are in charge of all of that. Some people get their TAs to take care of all of that stuff, too, but you don't have to.

You have to go through your TA for anything that has to do with your cruise fare, your booking perks, your choice of stateroom, and your payment. If NCL wants to offer you an upgrade, they will contact your TA, not you.

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thank you so much for your detailed replies. I have never booked through one before, (even though my sister is AMAZING) I prefer total control over my vacation. So this is definitely the news I wanted to hear. Now onto do some research about Norwegian in general! :)

If she offers enough perks, maybe we'll all use her ;)

What kind of perks is your sister offering for making the booking with her ??? OBC, extra dining pkg, spa passes?? :D

Thank you so much for your detailed replies. I have never booked through one before, (even though my sister is AMAZING) I prefer total control over my vacation. So this is definitely the news I wanted to hear. Now onto do some research about Norwegian in general! :)

I want to let you know that you are welcome to join our group on cruisecritics who are going the same time! Here is the link..http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2181811

You say you are booking Friday. I haven't looked at the current terms of the current promo but you may want to check if the promo applies to you since you are booking roughly within 30 days of sailing. In the past, some of the promos didn't apply if you booked within 30 days of sailing.