Is Paradise Beach still as wonderful as it used to be?

YoureMoving

Hi Cozumel cruisers!

I'm thrilled to be returning to Cozumel on the Oct. 22 sailing of the Carnival Liberty! My husband, daughter and I will be traveling, and have not been to Paradise Beach since our last cruise in 2005. Every time we've been there, it's been the highlight of our cruise. I'm sure Tom is probably no longer running the show there, but I'm hoping that they still have massages on the beach, and the friendliest staff in Mexico? Can't wait to return, so please tell me it's still the best beach deal and good time in Coz?

Thanks!

Gina:D

We were there in December, and will be again in January. We love it. Staff is great. They added a pool since you were there. You still have WIFI at the Bar. The grounds seemed even nicer then the last time!

Enjoy!!!!

Is this the best beach option for a group of 16, including 2 children 8 and 10? We are looking for a reasonable, more like cheap, beach day, as we are taking some pricey tours in Jamaica and Grand Cayman. I am thinking of Paradise beach vs playamia. Any thoughts?

I can't breakdown all the numbers for you, but you will have the cab fare from the port to Paradise Beach. I don't have a number for you, but I remember it not being a crazy amount. Then at the door, I think it is $3 per person for the "chair rental" and you need to spend at least $10 per person on drinks and food. That is really easy to do with a few nice drinks and lunch. I think it is $18 for the Fun Pass. I don't get a Fun Pass. Last time, I barely touched the ocean, the pool seemed to call to me (also the margarita and nachos called to me...!!). My kids did, but I think this past time my husband didn't. So you would have to really decide if the $18 is worth it. My kids have always loved them. Then you also have the cab fare back.

I find it to be a very affordable option compared to most other places. When you get off the ship there will be so many places trying to get you to go to their beach, and some will tell you lies when you tell them where you are going.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks so much everyone! That's exactly what I was hoping you all would say. We've always had such a wonderful time at Paradise Beach, and though we'll miss seeing Tom, I'm excited to hear that it's everything it used to be and then some. While I'm here, does anyone have recommendations of non-excursion things to do in Progreso? I'm just starting to research and it looks like there have been an awful lot of folks who did not like the port at all. We may just stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet that day, but if you have suggestions I'd love to hear them!

Thanks!

Gina