Carnival Liberty ~ Tell me about main dining... please!

GarnerGirls

Looks like we are going to do the Carnival Liberty cruise since it is 5 days (hubby's choice) opposed to the 7 day cruises (my other choices).

Anyway, we went on the same route 10 years ago on the carnival Ecstasy. It was fun but the dining was really uncomfortable for us. The first night we sat at our assigned table and had an okay dinner with 6 other people (3 couples if I recall). I really hate making small talk for such a long period of time. The second night we did something else for dinner (don't recall what). The third night we went back to the main dining room and return to the table where we sat the first night. A little later 6 ladies, who were together, joined us (not the 3 couples from night 1) We tried to talk to them but they kept staring at us. It was very awkward. We ended up getting up and leaving before dessert. We did not go back the rest of the trip. It really ruined the trip for me. I just dread dinner with groups of strangers. I know some people love it, its just not for me.

Soooo... tell me about the Carnival Liberty main dining room.

Assigned times? Early or late choices, right?

Are we seated at a table with a group... like 8 or 10 people total?

Do we sit at the same table each night, with the same people?

Does the menu change each night?

Is it appetizer, soup/salad, entrée, dessert?

What if we don't eat there one night? Do we loose our table? (we want to try the steakhouse one night.)

What else should I know.... I'm really stressed about the group dining thing.

You have the choice of choosing early, late or your time dining. If you choose early/late dining, you will be assigned a table with the same waiter each night. If you go to the steakhouse one night, your table is not lost. This sounds like the scenario you had before. You can email the maitre d about a week prior to your cruise and request a table for two if you so choose.

As for the 'your time dining', this choice allows for you to choose your time each night by arriving to the assigned dining room and you can request a table for two and to not share a table with others. This option may require you to wait, depending on how busy it is and the availability of open tables.

Each night you are served an appetizer, entree and dessert. (or multiple if you wish)

ask your travel agent to book you at a table for 2 in early or late dining. If my time dining is available you can ask for a small (2) or larger table to share. Each night would be different. Most of the menu changes nightly except for the "always available" items. If you have assigned dining times you don't lose your table. If you are doing early or late, email Liberty maitre d. LIMAITRED@carnival.com about 1 week ahead. Include your booking # in subject line so they know it's not spam. Have fun, you don't have to cook or do dishes!

Thank you!!

I did not know they had tables for 2!!!! Woohoo!!!! BEST.NEWS.EVER!!!!

I also didn't know about the 'your time dining'. I need to read up on that! That might be a great option for us too!

I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

Thank you!!

I did not know they had tables for 2!!!! Woohoo!!!! BEST.NEWS.EVER!!!!

I also didn't know about the 'your time dining'. I need to read up on that! That might be a great option for us too!

I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge!

Don't forget about the food!:)

We just returned from our first cruise ever and it was on the Liberty. We had the late dining option and we had a table for 4. The other diners never showed up so we had a table to ourselves each night of the cruise. The food was very good.

The staff were awesome; Elena, Joel and Yohanis.

We just returned from our first cruise ever and it was on the Liberty. We had the late dining option and we had a table for 4. The other diners never showed up so we had a table to ourselves each night of the cruise. The food was very good.

The staff were awesome; Elena, Joel and Yohanis.

Glad you had a nice dining experience on your first cruise!

We did the your time dining on Liberty three years ago. It worked out perfectly for us. Never had to wait for a table. Our wait staff was great. Food was also very good. They ere very kind to my son, who was 7 at the time, always making sure he had everything he could possibly want (including warm chocolate melting cake each night!).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
What time is late dining? That is what we have on the Liberty in November.

Late is 8:15 p.m.; early is 6:00 p.m. --- for most CCL cruises. Here is the Carnival dining info link:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3439

If you haven't already selected your preferred dining time, you should either call your PVP very soon and tell them so they can get it on your booking--they can tell you which you are confirmed on. Or, you can just log in at Carnival and go to Manage your booking and select your chosen dining time. They do get full and you may be waitlisted for your chosen time. This happened to us on our Dec. cruise but we received an email about 2 weeks ago that we've now been moved to our selected time! Yay!

We were on the Liberty last month. We requested a table for 2 in advance. We checked with the Maitre D' Vasily after we boarded and he showed us where our table was. We loved the location right along the balcony in the mid ship dining room. We always get late dining so we have the same waiters the entire cruise. This time we weren't thrilled with the head waiter, but his assistants were fine. Thankfully, most of the people in our area of the dining room never showed up, so service was very fast.