Help , Confuse About Aft Size Balconys

Just back from enchantment in 7666 corner aft JS.

The balcony is great, furniture includes 2 deck chairs, 2 full size loungers and a decent size table for that room service breakfast:)

Friends were in 7672 and had a similar set up although ours was slightly larger being on the corner.... We're now in the aft fan club and never minded the walk to the elevators

We are in 8672 (one deck above your friends cabin) on our upcoming Enchantment cruise. We have one of those roll-up tables that we were going to bring with us for those room service breakfasts. Did your friends balcony have the same table & chairs as your corner aft balcony? The tables we've always had on our balconies have been more of a coctail height table, small around and short. Could you tell me how tall and big yours was? It would be nice if there was a good table out there and we didn't have to bring our roll-up.

Hi, We just came off the Vision of the Seas a week ago today, the sister ship to the Legend. Cabin 8092 aft centerline, a Junior Suite, to be specific. The balcony was hugh, I did not measure it - however it was the complete width of the cabin and well over half (if not 3/4's) the length of the cabin - the prior estimate of 200 sqft should be quite accurate.....

.... There are 2 chairs, a table and loungers - and still room for a full half court basket ball game.....

Oh yes, we have pictures if you like.

Mildred's other half.......

We just booked the cabin next to Mildred's -- 8592 on Vision. Is the cabin itself smaller than the ones on the sides, or is that just the illusion of the deck plan? Are the chairs, loungers, and table there, or do you have to ask your steward to obtain them for you? Is the table nice for eating breakfast on, or is it one of the low cocktail-type tables?

This will be our ninth cruise -- first on RCCL. We book through a cruise broker. All the online booking agents (and the RCCL site itself) showed no aft JS cabins available -- my broker got one for me with no trouble, at a very nice price! Little did I know that I was very late for booking Alaska next summer!

We'd love to see Mildred's photos of her cabin -- ours should be identical!

We are considering changing to this cabin but I have 2 concerns, noise from the Windjammer and size of cabin and balcony as it seems a little wider in size but shorter in length. It's a side balcony. Anyone that has been in this cabin, I need your help.

Thanks

Suz, this is considered one of the PRIMO cabins on a Voyager class ship. You're only paying for a D1, but the square footage is JS-like. The bathroom is regular balcony cabin size (beam-me-up-scotty sized shower capsule), no bathtub, but the corner balcony is BIG.

Your best chance is when bookings come open, especially if you want a specific date or ship. If you are flexible, what you can do is call RCI up and say I want to know what sailings X, Y, or Z stateroom is available and they can tell you.

Sometimes cabins won't be available when you book but will come open later as well, due to people cancelling or changing staterooms. For my upcoming March sailing, when I booked no aft cabins were available. This summer an aft JS came open and I quickly grabbed it. Last month 2 aft balconies came open, but those went fast as well.

Thank you so much for the pics and info. I called and booked cabin 1388. They still have another aft available for our sailing, although it's not a corner, it's an aft!

One more question, much noise from the Windjammer, and do they have the capsule type showers, as in no curtain?

Thanks

Archived