New Zealand help

I agree with the packing layers part. Spring in New Zealand is a mixed bag.

Today I put on a jacket and scarf in the morning as it was a bit chilly. When I got into my car to drive home I had to turn the ac on!!

It's a lovely afternoon so have just opened my ranch slider to watch the cat go in and out rather than turning the heat pump on [emoji74][emoji74][emoji74]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last time I checked it, our ANZ one does. It does not differentiate between different countries for hire vehicle excess.

Our US credit cards and car insurances do not cover. Read the fine print of your cards!

I was answering the question regarding Aussie credit card travel insurance. I thought that would have been clear :) as I quoted the earlier post and referred to ANZ bank. I do not know that they operate in USA. :)

The original poster is from the US and I did want them to assume all credit cards cover car rentals in NZ. As an account holder with ANZ and BNZ I am very aware of the benefits and restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by kiwimum

Hi All, I am the original poster and I'm confused about this credit card insurance your talking about.

We are renting a car in both Australia and New Zealand. Can we get the car insurance through the car rental company? Do you recommend a good company to rent a car from?

Does my husband need to get a different license?

Hi All, I am the original poster and I'm confused about this credit card insurance your talking about.

We are renting a car in both Australia and New Zealand. Can we get the car insurance through the car rental company? Do you recommend a good company to rent a car from?

Does my husband need to get a different license?

The credit card insurance we have been discussing is a free travel insurance that is available with certain credit cards. The only difference between it and an insurance policy you buy is that often part or all of the cost of the trip has to be paid with the credit card and there is usually an excess. In the case of the credit card insurance we have used (Platinum ANZ Visa) there is an excess of $200 or $250 (I am not sure which now). But when you have got the insurance just for an annual fee for a credit card (I think that is $80) that gives you other benefits, that is OK.

There are several rental companies including the usual Hertz. We have used Pegasus a few times. Check them out on the internet and get prices.

You can pay an extra amount per day to cover the 'excess' on the car insurance, rather than leaving it at the usual $4,000 (I think that is the default amount).

Your husband will not need a different license. As long as he has a valid American license that is OK.

Edited by Aus Traveller