Thomsons IT systems really are rubbish

GinoG

As the title says!

I've just booked a cruise on line for next April and received a confirmation email which is completely blank - just the subject title and no content.

By the way I used the discount code mentioned in another post and got the £100 discount.

I am always happy with the actual cruises but their admin really needs improvement.

Hi GinoG

I also have booked a cruise for January using the £100 discount. I also received a confirmation email which as you say initially only showed the heading etc but I waited and eventually all 12 pages downloaded so I suggest you go back into the email and wait and the rest of the confirmation should download and you can then print it off

booked my cruise few days ago , no email confirmation can view it on line at thomson, emailed them this morning they said they have a back log and sent me an attachment, guess what its someone else,s confirmation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ouch! That could be breach of Data Protection if personal information involved. Who's got yours?

Its the guts of their systems that cause a lot of the problems, very badly designed/built, if you look in the bottom left corner of your screen as pages load look at all the seperate hops/requests it takes to load just one web page, to load one cruise search result page takes about 200 hops, you dont see a lot as they happen quickly, but then you get to one that stalls and you either have to refresh or wait ages, its all down to bad programming and could be done in a far simpler way.