Star princess

RyanR1982

Anytime dining rooms are located midship on decks 5 & 6 in the atrium which on the Star is Capri (5) and Portofino (6).

Generally one of those AT dining rooms will have an early traditional dining seating at about 5:30 and then becoming AT at about 7:30. I don't know which one is used on the Star but will know early next year when we sail on the Star.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Anytime dining rooms are located midship on decks 5 & 6 in the atrium which on the Star is Capri (5) and Portofino (6).

Generally one of those AT dining rooms will have an early traditional dining seating at about 5:30 and then becoming AT at about 7:30. I don't know which one is used on the Star but will know early next year when we sail on the Star.

Agree.

The midship deck 5 MDR, Capri on the Star, is almost always dedicated to ATD all evening. On ships with three DR's, the midship deck 6 MDR, Portofino on the Star, is almost always early TD switching the ATD around 7:30. You can check the back page of the Patter to confirm.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have 5:30 traditional dining for our cruise in Feb 2017 and were told we'll be in the Portofino dining room.

Based on recent experiences things can change before sailing particularly the times...6:00 in the traditional dining room became 5:30 and the anytime dining room's 5:30 early assigned dining became 5:15.

Based on recent experiences things can change before sailing particularly the times...6:00 in the traditional dining room became 5:30 and the anytime dining room's 5:30 early assigned dining became 5:15.

One of the more annoying things about Princess... A couple of years ago, early TD was in Portofino, before it switched over to ATD. But now, who knows?

One of the more annoying things about Princess... A couple of years ago, early TD was in Portofino, before it switched over to ATD. But now, who knows?

It is annoying but my recent experiences are that it's now routine. :(

Princess HQ & ship's staff need to communicate with each other to give accurate info to passengers for pre-cruise planning purposes. As I recall the early TD in the ATD room has been as early as 5:00 which is earlier than we want to dine.

Is there a particular board/group for Star Princess - Alaska in June 2017?

MeeMawJ

If you're asking about the roll call for other passengers on your cruise, at the top of this Princess forum's homepage is the option to search for your cruise's roll call.