I thought you could get price drops with any rate not just ES?

poobears

Did they change it or am I remembering wrong? I am booked past guest and they dropped the rate for past guest so I submitted a price drop form but it was denied because I'm not booked ES, that is the reason for denial. I thought all types of bookings could get price drops up until final payment but only ES could get price drops after that and until 2 days before sailing.

Did they change it or am I remembering wrong? I am booked past guest and they dropped the rate for past guest so I submitted a price drop form but it was denied because I'm not booked ES, that is the reason for denial. I thought all types of bookings could get price drops up until final payment but only ES could get price drops after that and until 2 days before sailing.

The online form is ONLY for those who are booked ES. If you're booked any other rate and submit the form online, it will always be denied because you're not ES. Before final payment, just make a call to your PVP (or call the 800 number) and they should adjust your rate on the phone.

Oh that's the problem I submitted the form, didn't remember that I had to call. I should have checked before I called to upgrade our room on our other cruise and I could have done it all at one time today.

I hate calling grrr maybe I'll just wait and see if it drops anymore, not sure I want to call for a $20 total price drop.

Thanks for the info :)

Oh that's the problem I submitted the form, didn't remember that I had to call. I should have checked before I called to upgrade our room on our other cruise and I could have done it all at one time today.

I hate calling grrr maybe I'll just wait and see if it drops anymore, not sure I want to call for a $20 total price drop.

You're welcome. I hate calling too. If you have a PVP, you should be able to email him/her (if you have their email address) and get the rate adjusted that way. If not, you'll have to call, unfortnately.

I wanted to double check that I heard everybody correctly and sorry I jumped in on your post. I have been getting price drops through the form submitted through Carnival website. I must have early saver???? And that also means I can get price drops up to two days before cruise???? After my final payment in January will I only get onboard credit then???? Thanks all.

Edited by margaret10987

I wanted to double check that I heard everybody correctly and sorry I jumped in on your post. I have been getting price drops through the form submitted through Carnival website. I must have early saver???? And that also means I can get price drops up to two days before cruise???? After my final payment in January will I only get onboard credit then???? Thanks all.

There are a couple of ways you can check to see if you're booked Early Saver. In your confirmation email, scroll down towards the bottom and look for "Guest Notes". There should be a place there that shows if there is a penalty for cancelling before final payment. If it says "Deposit is non-refundable & non-transferable", then you're booked with an Early Saver rate. If it doesn't say that, you're not ES.

Or, you can sign onto your account at carnival.com, go to "Cruise Details" and then go to "My Billing". Underneath all of the billing details, there's a link that says "Is there a penalty for cancelling this booking?". Click on that and a box will pop up telling you what the penalty is to cancel now. If it says there is a penalty of $XXX dollars, you're booked ES. If it says there is no penalty, you're not booked ES.

Hope that helps.

And yes, If you're booked ES, you can get price adjustments up to two business days before the cruise. Any price drops before final payment will be refunded to the card used to originally book the cruise. After final payment (and if you're indeed booked ES), all price adjustments will be issued as OBC.

Edited by bigman01

At least not a costly mental lapse in not calling first:)

I'm booked ES(I think..pretty sure..) and my Oct 2nd cruise had a price drop. I don't have a PVP. If I call Carnival, do I just mention the price drop and they'll adjust it? Will I lose my onboard credit?

Sorry, I'm new at this..for my first cruise, I booked with a TA and she handled everything.

Thank you for the help.

I'm booked ES(I think..pretty sure..) and my Oct 2nd cruise had a price drop. I don't have a PVP. If I call Carnival, do I just mention the price drop and they'll adjust it? Will I lose my onboard credit?

Sorry, I'm new at this..for my first cruise, I booked with a TA and she handled everything.

Thank you for the help.

you can only go through your TA and you will your on board credit if it was part of the deal with the rate you booked

I called for a $20 drop once. It was truly no trouble for me to call my PVP. It took me a few seconds to call and give her the info, she handled everything from there, and sent me a new booking confirmation with my new, $20-lower balance due. Heck, typing this post took more time and effort than saving that $20 did.:p But I understand we each have different priorities / values / demands on our time / things that annoy us. For me, it was very much worth it to call for that $20.

However, I might not bother with getting a $20 refund for a store item return if I have to find the receipt, remember to put the item and receipt in the car, drive 20 minutes out of my way to the store where I bought the item, then stand in line once in the store. But that's just me.:o:p