Sea Dream I

ho-hum

We are supposed to be on the sampler cruise on the 12th, I was advised yesterday that they hope to sail this weekend. I suspect it is a charter, as when we booked, (after seeing Mr Ho Hum on tv) there was not a sailing listed for this weekend.

My TA (yes we used the one on tv) has been checking daily but has not yet had any guarantee of a sailing, we travel to Nice on Sunday so need to know before then.

I will advise when we have any confirmation.

As of a few minutes ago, Vessel Traffic showed SDI dockside in Naples at what appears to be a passenger terminal. There is a Destination listed as Amalfi but no departure time shown. I speculate that they would not pay for dockage at a passenger terminal unless embarkation was anticipated. Lots of cheaper remote dockage for repair work. I am sure your TA will keep up to the latest info. You should have a nicely repaired ship with a well rested crew for your voyage. Have fun and be sure to let us "stay at homes" know how it goes. :D

As of a few minutes ago, Vessel Traffic showed SDI dockside in Naples at what appears to be a passenger terminal. There is a Destination listed as Amalfi but no departure time shown. I speculate that they would not pay for dockage at a passenger terminal unless embarkation was anticipated. Lots of cheaper remote dockage for repair work. I am sure your TA will keep up to the latest info. You should have a nicely repaired ship with a well rested crew for your voyage. Have fun and be sure to let us "stay at homes" know how it goes. :D

Will do. We are so looking forward to it. Just hope it happens.

The signs are good.

Yes, please do a review. Shut-ins like Jim and I live vicariously through the SD board.

I myself look forward to one day stepping out into the wide world again, when my knee heals. Alas for poor Jim though, with his eyes constantly infused with home-made tequila, the pain from bright light may keep him a shut-in forever :(

Yes, please do a review. Shut-ins like Jim and I live vicariously through the SD board.

I myself look forward to one day stepping out into the wide world again, when my knee heals. Alas for poor Jim though, with his eyes constantly infused with home-made tequila, the pain from bright light may keep him a shut-in forever :(

I will certainly try, assuming that we sail, just don't want to get to Nice then be told that we cannot sail.

We leave on Sunday and the whole point of the trip was to try Seadream, not to meander around southern France. Will be in touch with TA again today. :(

We were informed yesterday by our TA that Seadream 1 would be sailing today. We are travelling tomorrow to Nice and hope to board for the taster cruise on Wednesday.

I am keeping everything crossed, I really don't want to spend the time just in Nice.

We were informed yesterday by our TA that Seadream 1 would be sailing today. We are travelling tomorrow to Nice and hope to board for the taster cruise on Wednesday.

I am keeping everything crossed, I really don't want to spend the time just in Nice.

Hey, we're heading to Nice too for the same cruise.

Alas it's not to be, my TA just informed me that short segment was canceled.

Want to meet up in Nice?

Sort of a Night Crawler.......:eek: Boo...:D

We just got a call from SeaDream, and the next segment (Cannes to Rome 15-Oct to 22-Oct) is also canceled. We're off on a river cruise for the first time.

I hope they have the ship back on schedule soon. I really feel for the crew.

We just got a call from SeaDream, and the next segment (Cannes to Rome 15-Oct to 22-Oct) is also canceled. We're off on a river cruise for the first time.

I hope they have the ship back on schedule soon. I really feel for the crew.

So sorry.

So nice of you to think of the crew at this time.

Hey, we're heading to Nice too for the same cruise.

Alas it's not to be, my TA just informed me that short segment was canceled.

Want to meet up in Nice?

Hi I have just seen this we are still in Nice we had a call from our ta just as we arrived at Nice airport. As you can imagine We were not happy. Oh well we have made the best of things we are staying at the Negresco until Saturday morning. Then back home. Happy to meet of it suits you.

It must be aweful for the company and all the staff. Hope seadream 1 is back in operation very soon. The spare parts must be a pain to find.

Has anyone been in contact thru Facebook or elsewhere with any of the SD I crew, they been out of action for over a month.

Love to hear anything from them, understand SD may try to request crew not to comment

Bet it is real bummer for crew to basically sit and wait out SD I being made sea worthy

We have cruise on SD I in Feb, guess if it isn't back in action by then SD I will be just a fond memory, hoping its going to be resolved shortly, before they head back for the Islands

We really like SDI crew, we've had 9 trips with them and so many regular's over the years

We had someone said they Facebook with Doramus

Hoping to hear something good soon about SD I

Our family booked the 4-day Barbados-Barbados cruise over Thanksgiving to try out SeaDream. We have been trying to be patient and optimistic, but each sailing that has been cancelled at the last minute is making us more concerned.

I am thinking of calling our TA to inquire about Plan B of booking a land-based vacation in Barbados so that we will be able to salvage our rare vacation time together for which we had booked expensive air!

And I do agree that while it is an inconvenience for passengers, the crew are the ones who are most affected!

*** For the record, this was posted by Mrs_Tiki, didn't realize that Tiki_Man was logged in on our computer!

Edited by Tiki_Man
Wrong family member logged in!

We love the vibe of St Lawrence Gap in Barbados. Economically we stayed @ the Rostrevor Hotel there before our last years SD cruise. Very layed-back place but nice pool and beach and nearby restaurants (pricey). Hotel is not fancy but your basic Caribbean. Big party every Friday nite but we didn't notice any noise. Would definitely go back to the Rostrevor ( in case SD cancels that November cruise you have booked).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're on the 29th cruise out of Cannes, then on for the crossing. Not too keen on doing a crossing at this point but we'll see.

We don't have time to stay over in Barbados this year but I love the Crane. They have a Thai/Japanese restaurant to die for. Plus there is a penthouse with a roof pool and barbeque with outdoor kitchen. But the rate since we run into the holiday is prohibitive.

And for old friends on the crossing, please don't be shocked when you see Phil...he's been in chemo since right after the spring cruise and it has had a profound impact on his appearance.

Some good news. According to AIS Tracking, SD I is underway using her engines. Course is outbound from Naples. Destination listed is going to anchor off Naples. :D

Thanks for the update, Jim. I keep telling Zimmy that our January sailing should be good. But just in case, I believe you stayed in St. Martin after our cruise last year. Where did you stay and would you recommend it?

Thanks for the update, Jim. I keep telling Zimmy that our January sailing should be good. But just in case, I believe you stayed in St. Martin after our cruise last year. Where did you stay and would you recommend it?

Hi Trap. We have stayed at the Sonesta Maho Beach Resort. Short walk to the World Famous Sunset Bar and right at the airport. Not noisy and pretty good by Caribbean standards. Not the Four Seasons but then doesn't cost like the Four Seasons. Very convenient for catching a flight. Pool and food also ok. We would stay there again.