Sea Dream I

ho-hum

Understandable mistake, Oliveau. Octopus is owned by Paul Allen, co-founder of Microsoft. We've seen it a couple times in St. Barts, and most recently in Cannes during the film festival this year, when it was at anchor near us. Tom Cruise was rumored to be aboard, but we did not see him. Of course, he would have gone ashore in one of the two helicopters she carries. Just one of the differences between Octopus and SeaDream. She's also 80 feet longer than "our" yacht.

And just one of the differences between Paul Allen and us, Trapper old buddy.😱🎉😎

And just one of the differences between Paul Allen and us, Trapper old buddy.😱🎉😎

So true, Jim, so true. But then SeaDream is one of the differences between us and most other people. I'd rather be happy for what I have than be depressed over what I don't. Roll Tide.

Congrats Jim on a great game. It was a lot of fun watching the battle until the last quarter. We will be pulling for the Tide now to get to the National Championship. Until next year!

Cole

Thanks Cole. They don't come much tougher than LSU/Bama!:D

Jim

Thank you for your updates. We have been a wee bit nervous but hopefully SD1 gets to Barbados on time (looks like a short Charter for a couple days) and then the Nov 22nd sailing. Looking forward to trying out SeaDream. This little 4 day sailing is perfect as a sample run.

Cheers

Mark

Jim

Thank you for your updates. We have been a wee bit nervous but hopefully SD1 gets to Barbados on time (looks like a short Charter for a couple days) and then the Nov 22nd sailing. Looking forward to trying out SeaDream. This little 4 day sailing is perfect as a sample run.

Cheers

Mark

I predict the main issue you will have is that 4 days will just be too short.:D

Jim

My motto is to "kick the tires once" to see if we will like it. It is amazing how we have gradually shifted from the Huge ships (Celebrity) to Regent to Windstar and now down to SeaDream. Never going back to the big ones again - maybe Windstar but only on the MV's.

There is going to be a bit of a challenge this trip. We are bringing along our 23 yr old Daughter (she is in Grad School and has the week of Thanksgiving off and we have not been on a family vacation for a few years). She is well traveled and we can share the room for 4 days without killing each other (and I will just spend a lot of time on deck).

Good food, good wine and plenty of time in the warm sunshine with excellent service sounds ideal for us.

2 weeks from today.

Mark

Sounds like you will enjoy SeaDream, Tiki Man. Here's an idea that may or may not work. If you and your wife book a bali bed for a night, your daughter could move from the sofa to the bed. If you find that to be a good idea, book the big bed in the front ("Crow's Nest). There are beds aft along the stack, but they tend to be noisier and hotter. The one in front affords more privacy, and is closer to the restroom. I offer this suggestion with the disclaimer that I am not a big fan of sleeping on deck. You might be like me and end up wanting to go back to your room at 2am, in which case you have to relocate your daughter. (Make sure she doesn't double lock the door.) Just something to think about. Anyway, enjoy your four days, and I'm sure we will be seeing you on a longer cruise soon.