Sailing on Pride out of Baltimore this Sunday

Livelsberger

It is now Saturday, 11:00 PM and from looking at the websites, the Pride is probably about 1-2 hours from the dock in Baltimore so they will be tied up by midnight or so. Certainly the "waves" would not be anything at the dock, the rain may be another story, but should be gone by the morning. Should be fine.

Looks like they had to deal with that for about 2 hours from the comments and answers on the video. That answers the questions I had about the water inside the ship. Winds strong enough to list the ship to port. That and the 14+ ft swells they were in would have made for an interesting ride to say the least. Thanks for the link.

Edited by VALBS

I am sure all is well and that the sailing will leave on time today. There will probably be a rough ride tomorrow on their way down.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree Jimbo5544 they will need the extra time in port to get the water up. I know it has been a while since my last cruise but there are slide locks on the balcony doors, correct? I was wondering because of the news reporter saying people's balcony doors blowing open.:confused:

I agree Jimbo5544 they will need the extra time in port to get the water up. I know it has been a while since my last cruise but there are slide locks on the balcony doors, correct? I was wondering because of the news reporter saying people's balcony doors blowing open.:confused:

There are, there may have not latched. I suppose with sever listing it might come unlatch end, but it is hard to guess without knowing the specifics. Most of the water in the video is from the sliders that go to the pool area.

My sister in law got off Pride this morning. This is what she texted us......We were in the middle of the hurricane the ship tilted to the side everything was falling off the counters. The plastic wall between balconies shattered we had all the glass on our deck. TVs fell off shelves from the passengers on the opposite side of us. I was throwing up, crying, gathering important documents to take and waiting for the ship to flip over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My sister in law got off Pride this morning. This is what she texted us......We were in the middle of the hurricane the ship tilted to the side everything was falling off the counters. The plastic wall between balconies shattered we had all the glass on our deck. TVs fell off shelves from the passengers on the opposite side of us. I was throwing up, crying, gathering important documents to take and waiting for the ship to flip over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can be very scary when the ship lists, but I'm pretty sure a ship cannot "flip over". Unless she's a very experienced cruiser (and it doesn't sound like she is), I'm guessing this will be her last cruise.