Sirena - Best Place For Meet and Greet

nyfeds

I agree with Lyn. We're having the M&G there on the cruise just before yours ... right after the boat drill on departure day. In our case that is because we immediately have 3 Spanish ports and a number of people would like to meet people on their tours beforehand.

Usually when I set up a M&G I give a list to the concierge, he (or sometimes she, at least on the "O" ships) sends out invitations and recommends a time and place. In my experience that has ALWAYS been Horizons on a day that does not conflict with the captain's party, preferably sooner rather than later.

Because of the timing of our cruise I'm going to need to contact the concierge before we board so that they can be prepared for our group, although right now we're only about 20 people.

Since you're boarding after us, if you can send me a list of your people I can give it to the concierge in advance.

Mura

Thanks, Mura, for the offer to give our list to the Concierge.

Our roll call has been the quietest roll call I have ever experienced in all the years of cruising and posting on CC. As of now, we have 2 people, Kathi and Pat, wanting a meet and greet, along with us. Easy enough to arrange meeting up on our own at this point. I did invite the few others to join us. However, as of now, they are not actively participating on the roll call, except for their initial post.

It's just the four of us, for the time being, which is perfectly fine :) We always meet the nicest people on our cruises and no doubt, this cruise will be the very same as the others.

Edited by nyfeds

I organized the meet and greet on the inaugural voyage and it was a great success. The concierge was Randall from South Africa and he was extremely helpful. Invites were sent to the staterooms, it was held in Horizons and the GM, Cruise Director, Head Chef, Concierge, Future Booking Rep and others were on hand. Beautifully done!

If we had a large group, I would do the same and have it all arranged. As it stands now, our roll call is pretty quiet, except for us and another two people who have shown interest in a meet and greet. No need to bring Concierge into the picture under these circumstances. And, I doubt at this point, that our group will grow substantially.

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

True enough, with only a handful of people you don't need an official meeting place! In fact, it may well work much better with so few!

(Our roll call isn't all that active either although we do have about 20 people who have said they want to participate.)

Mura

True enough, with only a handful of people you don't need an official meeting place! In fact, it may well work much better with so few!

(Our roll call isn't all that active either although we do have about 20 people who have said they want to participate.)

Mura

It's always nice to meet people on a roll call. However, we have found that many times people do not participate in showing up.

Wherever we travel, we meet some really nice, enjoyable people. I have no doubt this cruise will not be an exception. :)