Choosing Staggered Check In Time

c&mh09

Can anyone tell me if there is a certain window of time during which you are able to select your time slot for staggered check in? I'm coordinating a cruise for a pretty large group of family and friends and I'm working on emailing them info on things they need to do and need to know. This is my first time cruising since they have established the staggered check in. I want to include info on this so I went online to view how it works. When I view my cruise details I don't see an option to select a check in time. I'm wondering if it's because our cruise is July 22, 2017 and possibly this option is not available yet. Any insight?

The staggered check in is NOT required, or available on all ships, or at all ports. There was a list floating around here someplace, that listed the particular ships that required the staggered check in. I'm doing "Conquest" in January, and got an e-mail from Carnival requesting that I enter my check in time.

"SKY"

Thanks for the response. My mom is the one who told me we'd have to do this because she cruises from New Orleans frequently and has had to do this for many cruises she has booked. I suppose it's possible it's not a requirement for this particular sailing though.

New Orleans does have staggered check in.

Each person needs to go into their booking and then click on "Check in".

They will then see a drop down menu for "check in time".

They need to pick one of these. They do not need to complete the rest of check in info at that time but they should definitely pick the check in time as soon as they can.

It is always best to pick the earliest time available. You can come after that time but not before it.

Remember that "check in" is not the same as boarding time .

Edited by riffatsea

That's the problem, when I tried to do this on my booking, there is nothing coming up to let me select a time - no drop down or anything like that. That's why I'm confused. She told me is should be found by online check-in and say "My Check In Time" but I do not have that option at all.

In your booking on the left side of it you should see online check in

Click on that

IF you do not see it then call Carnival and ask for help with the web site.

As you listen to which button to press for different kinds of help, one will say for web site help.

Do that and see what they say.

Edited by riffatsea

I wondered the same thing regarding the time until the next cruise. I'm going on the same ship from the same port (Splendor/Miami) but one cruise is this month and the other one is November 2016. I could choose the time for the September cruise but not the November cruise. I figured it was too far in advance.

Thanks for the response. My mom is the one who told me we'd have to do this because she cruises from New Orleans frequently and has had to do this for many cruises she has booked. I suppose it's possible it's not a requirement for this particular sailing though.

This is required for all cruise from New Orleans ,Longer you wait the later the check in time

I wondered the same thing regarding the time until the next cruise. I'm going on the same ship from the same port (Splendor/Miami) but one cruise is this month and the other one is November 2016. I could choose the time for the September cruise but not the November cruise. I figured it was too far in advance.

That is strange, because we are on a November cruise (out of New Orleans), and ours is there and filled out.

I'm cruising on Triumph out of New Orleans in Nov 2017, staying one night in the city after it ends, and then hopping on Dream the next day. I was able to select a check-in time for my Dream cruise, but the option is not showing up on my Triumph cruise. I have not made final payment on either cruise yet.

I wish carnival would be more consistent with their communication. I am on a cruise in March on the Vista. I have logged in a lot to check the time, but it wasn't available yet. All of a sudden yesterday I logged in and there it was. However, earliest was 11-1130. I never received an email stating that time slots were available. Annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Briitini

Not all ports that Carnival leaves from have staggered check in yet. If they don't have it it does not show up as an on-line check in option. When I first booked my 2/17 cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, this was not an option. Since then Carnival made that port a staggered check in port and it appeared as an option for my on-line check in. Bottom line, if it shows up you must choose a time slot. If it doesn't it is not available.

I am sailing on Vista in February 2017 (Miami). I would not have known that check-in time was available, but I belong to a social media site for our sailing. Someone posted there that check-in time was now available. So I went ahead and signed in and chose a check-in time. I agree with the other poster that there should be an e-mail to let everyone know when the check-in time option is available.

I wish carnival would be more consistent with their communication. I am on a cruise in March on the Vista. I have logged in a lot to check the time, but it wasn't available yet. All of a sudden yesterday I logged in and there it was. However, earliest was 11-1130. I never received an email stating that time slots were available. Annoying.

There was no earlier time available for check in. I agree that an e-mail should have gone out to everyone, some said they got one and others didn't. But you got the earliest time offered.

There was no earlier time available for check in. I agree that an e-mail should have gone out to everyone, some said they got one and others didn't. But you got the earliest time offered.

Great information. Thank you!