"Lounge Chair" Signature Suite Balcony - also Signature Suite Lobby Access

pl281

Quick Question - We have some family members who just upgraded from a Celebrity Suite to a Signature Suite.

On their Celebrity Suite Balcony they had a "lounge chair"

Can be seen in this photo

35me9sw.jpg

Has anyone ever gotten this on a Signature Balcony is it something they just have to ask the butler to arrange for??

Also as we will not be in a Signature Suite - is there any way we will be able to get to their cabin if we aren't with them - as in can guest services add access on our cards?

That lounger is standard in RS, SG PH and RF suites. Similar ones are around some areas of pool as well.

There is a house phone located by the access card reader for the Signature Suites section, so they can call your cabin to let them in. You can also have guest services print off a few "pass keys" for your cabin and give to friends that allow door access, but no charge privileges.

Also that veranda is not a celebrity suite, I believe it's a Royal. Celebrity suites don't have whirlpool tubs on them.

The celebrity suite veranda would smaller by the width of the second set of doors you see, aka the part where the lounger is is not part of a CS.

Good to know about the pass keys

In regards to the chair - here is a photo of one of the signature suites which just has the regular chairs with a foot stool vs the lounge which is why I wanted to see if anyone ever had one switched out

012-signaturesuitebalcony-copy.jpg

Good to know about the pass keys

In regards to the chair - here is a photo of one of the signature suites which just has the regular chairs with a foot stool vs the lounge which is why I wanted to see if anyone ever had one switched out

012-signaturesuitebalcony-copy.jpg

They wouldn't be able to get the comfy lounger you saw.

They MIGHT bring a pool deck chair. I had them do that for me once in a Celebrity suite, where no lounger was. But that veranda is a bit tight when adding in the big lounger to the SG suite (don't expect they would take existing furniture away, its very specific to those Signature Suite cabins.)

Ok - I just figured I would ask -

We were able to upgrade to from the CS to the Signature for about $350 less due to current promo - we said giving up the comfy lounger for the added benefits of the room was worth it

On other quick question - we are currently in a S1 midship on Deck 12 - we don't care about the overhang - do you think it would be worth it to switch to an Aft S1 -

From what I can tell we would then have the poll next to the bed - I didn't think it would be worth it since I don't care about the overhang

Ok - I just figured I would ask -

We were able to upgrade to from the CS to the Signature for about $350 less due to current promo - we said giving up the comfy lounger for the added benefits of the room was worth it

I've never sailed in a SG yet, but am on Reflection in November, so am hoping one pops open once final payments come around! I visited one once when someone I know had the reflection suite and hosted a party, it was like an open house. I'll be honest, but for the shower in teh RF suite, I prefer the PH, its got a never veranda, and just seems larger and space better suited for parties.

Another nice thing, the bed is an adjustable bed by Reverie.in the SG, PH and RF suites. :-)

On other quick question - we are currently in a S1 midship on Deck 12 - we don't care about the overhang - do you think it would be worth it to switch to an Aft S1 -

From what I can tell we would then have the poll next to the bed - I didn't think it would be worth it since I don't care about the overhang

I have an aft corner S1 currently reserved, I like them because they have a unique cabin layout and are more spacious. The pole, I think isn't a big deal.

One thing to consider on your current S1, make sure it's one of the former "Aquasuites" that were on deck 12 as those have the aqua class shower systems and whirlpool tubs in them, the normal S1s don't have that, just tub and shower. Basically all port side S1's on deck 12 are and most on starboard are, but for a few forward/mid.