NYC Implementing Staggered Check-In

Canadian_J

Posted this in the Everything Vista forum but wanted to share here too since it also impacts the Sunshine...

John Heald just announced in his live video this morning that NYC will now feature staggered check-in beginning on Nov 5 for Vista and Oct 1 for Sunshine.

Carnival's site hasn't been updated with this info yet and I couldn't find a way to choose a check-in time on my online check-in (for Vista Nov 16 sailing), so it doesn't look like this has gone live yet.

I think this should definitely help with crowding at what is a very busy port. Hope everyone can get the slot they want, I suggest choosing ASAP!

Not sure if there are other ships serving NYC this coming season, but only Vista and Sunshine were mentioned.

Posted this in the Everything Vista forum but wanted to share here too since it also impacts the Sunshine...

John Heald just announced in his live video this morning that NYC will now feature staggered check-in beginning on Nov 5 for Vista and Oct 1 for Sunshine.

Carnival's site hasn't been updated with this info yet and I couldn't find a way to choose a check-in time on my online check-in (for Vista Nov 16 sailing), so it doesn't look like this has gone live yet.

I think this should definitely help with crowding at what is a very busy port. Hope everyone can get the slot they want, I suggest choosing ASAP!

Not sure if there are other ships serving NYC this coming season, but only Vista and Sunshine were mentioned.

We are going on our first NCL cruise ( Breakaway) out of NYC next month and when I did my online check in last night I had to choose check in times so yes NCL does staggered boarding. Our first out of NYC port as well so curious to compare to other ports as well as the other cruise lines.

Thanks for the heads up!

I just checked my boarding pass and it says Embarkation 1-3. That is what it has said every time that I' have checked. Might this change or is this my staggered check in time?

Hi Cookie,

That would be the boarding time frame, but you should be on board before then.

Of course, who knows exactly how they're pulling this off. When you pick a check-in time, it will be far more specific than "1-3".

I'm on Sunshine Oct 1 out of NYC. Where do I look for this info on my booking?

I just checked my boarding pass and it says Embarkation 1-3. That is what it has said every time that I' have checked. Might this change or is this my staggered check in time?

That is not your staggered check in time. You will find it under manage my cruise:

From the top menu, select manage my booking. Then select edit online check in:

carnival1.jpg.f55b85fbd196f6317d1f48efd7e5f57f.jpg

Then select My check in time setup embarkation time:

carnival2.jpg.4954933ac07ca2aa3f13e07f4e5213f2.jpg

Then you will be given the drop down menu of choices. Select one and click continue.

carnival3.jpg.a982bb665a192b681e25d87f9a44b3be.jpg

Voila! Hope this helps!

Hi Cookie,

That would be the boarding time frame, but you should be on board before then.

Of course, who knows exactly how they're pulling this off. When you pick a check-in time, it will be far more specific than "1-3".

Thanks Lou! I'll keep a close eye on it!

That is not your staggered check in time. You will find it under manage my cruise:

From the top menu, select manage my booking. Then select edit online check in:

[ATTACH]393527[/ATTACH]

Then select My check in time setup embarkation time:

[ATTACH]393528[/ATTACH]

Then you will be given the drop down menu of choices. Select one and click continue.

[ATTACH]393529[/ATTACH]

Voila! Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info Misty. So far that drop down menu is not showing up on my booking. I will keep checking back!

John Heald further confirmed that this will not go online until after this (long) weekend. So I'd check back on Tuesday and expect it sometime next week.

Thanks for the update! I usually don't board till after 1:00. Hope this will be an option on the 10/8.

Thanks for the update! I usually don't board till after 1:00. Hope this will be an option on the 10/8.

From what I've heard, the earliest times are usually the harder ones to come by. After 1pm shouldn't be hard to get, especially if you choose your time early :)

We are going on our first NCL cruise ( Breakaway) out of NYC next month and when I did my online check in last night I had to choose check in times so yes NCL does staggered boarding. Our first out of NYC port as well so curious to compare to other ports as well as the other cruise lines.

I read an article a few months ago explaining that several large cruiselines were using staggered check-in times, but, according to the article, Carnival was the only one prohibiting people from entering the terminal before their time. NCL's president explained, "We don't force anyone to sit and wait. People embark as quickly as we can get them on." Unless they've changed their policy, NCL expects you to aim for your window, but won't keep you from checking in if you arrive earlier, for example if you're unfamiliar with NYC and unsure how much time it will take to get to the port.

Nothing on line yet for New York check in time.:confused:

They said "this week" so we'll just have to be patient and see when it comes online. Carnival's website now lists NYC departures as being staggered check in though so I imagine it will go online soon.