Actual embarkation times by category today on Miracle Long Beach sailing

jeepers13

We arrived at port today around 10:20, were assigned Zone 2 and set foot on the ship at 12:19. Not too shabby.

Here are the call times by category:

1149: Priority

1053: FTTF

1158: Special Assistance

1201: Zone 1

1204: Zone 2

1206: Zone 3

1208: Zone 4

So we only had to wait 15 minutes behind Platinum and about 10 minutes after FTTF, but we had to get there earlier to do so.

We got off the Imagination in Long Beach 2 days ago. On embarkation day, we arrived at the port at 11:30 am. We have priority and our friends don't. We were on the ship by 11:50 and they were on about an hour later. We have another cruise on the Miracle in November and picked the earliest time. But I agree, it seems odd that the earliest time is so late.

We arrived at port today around 10:20, were assigned Zone 2 and set foot on the ship at 12:19. Not too shabby.

Here are the call times by category:

1149: Priority

1053: FTTF

1158: Special Assistance

1201: Zone 1

1204: Zone 2

1206: Zone 3

1208: Zone 4

So we only had to wait 15 minutes behind Platinum and about 10 minutes after FTTF, but we had to get there earlier to do so.

Thanks for your report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is wrong info.

Just signed up for staggered checkin for our 10/15/2016, 12/11/2016 and 9/2/2017 cruises. Earliest time slot available is 12:30. Nothing earlier is showing. Signed up as soon as it was announced. No one has gotten anything earlier.

Now.... Someone on our 'social media' roll call called Carnival and was told they could arrive at 11a. Well, you can arrive at any time, lol.

We'll still probably arrive at 11:30 and see what transpires. Can wait indefinitely once in at port.

Edited by SadieN

What is the earliest time then?

Have you booked a cruise out of Long beach and been able to chose a time earlier than 12:30pm?

We have 4 cruises (2 B2B's) from Long Beach booked after it changes to staggered check in. On all 4 cruises the earliest time we could choose was 12:30. I think you are correct.

It makes a lot of sense to me that they won't allow boarding with the staggered check-in until 12:30 pm. It gives everyone on staff more time to do their jobs without passengers running around onboard.

P.S. Staggered check-in won't help at Long Beach unless they have more people doing check-in. Two weeks ago, we arrived at the port at 1pm thinking we would miss the majority of the crowd. Well, there weren't hordes of people, but there were only 2 people doing check-in. It was after 2pm on before we were able to board!

I chose 12:00-12:30 as our check-in time for Oct 24th in Long Beach and it is now written at the bottom of our boarding passes---(see below)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Check-In Time

Long Beach

231 Windsor Way Long Beach, Ca 90802

12:00pm - 12:30pm

Running Late?

Call 1.877.885.4856 or 305.406.4779

COMPLETE

Important Information

It is important that you check-in at least an hour prior to our scheduled

ship's departure. Should you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time,

you may not be able to board.

I chose 12:30-1 for my Miracle cruise, but I have FTTF so I will still show up at 11 when I have to be out of my hotel.

Mom, Sis, DH and I are doing a 'b2b'. Mom and Sis are getting off a HI cruise and we're getting on the next cruise. We will be driving down and giving them the keys (no need to park a car :D). Looks like we'll be waiting also.

I chose 12:00-12:30 as our check-in time for Oct 24th in Long Beach and it is now written at the bottom of our boarding passes---(see below)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Check-In Time

Long Beach

231 Windsor Way Long Beach, Ca 90802

12:00pm - 12:30pm

Running Late?

Call 1.877.885.4856 or 305.406.4779

COMPLETE

Important Information

It is important that you check-in at least an hour prior to our scheduled

ship's departure. Should you arrive later than 30 minutes prior to sail time,

you may not be able to board.

Glad you mentioned this, I didn't notice it when I printed my documents. Before I printed I didn't see any options to choose times, but my docs show 1pm - 3:30pm, even though I have FTTF. I wish they would coordinate their info better!

That is wrong info.

d23a26e305e602dc1b0e4969f5436177.jpg

What is the wing info. 12:30 was the earliest time. In fact this is the letter Carnival sent about staggered check in

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SadieN,

Funny how someone states you are wrong, but it was proven you are right, but that person doesn't even have the decency to say sorry? So sad...

SadieN,

Funny how someone states you are wrong, but it was proven you are right, but that person doesn't even have the decency to say sorry? So sad...

I'll assume s/he never returned. Posted, not so much as a reply, but for future readers of this thread.

Glad you mentioned this, I didn't notice it when I printed my documents. Before I printed I didn't see any options to choose times, but my docs show 1pm - 3:30pm, even though I have FTTF. I wish they would coordinate their info better!

When's your cruise? Staggered check in doesn't start til October. If your cruises before it starts, check in starts at 9:30.

My understanding is that this doesn't start until 10/6. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong. In case I am, go to the check in page. Under dining assignment will be staggered check in. Edit online check in to choose your time.

Edited by SadieN

It does not make any sense to have the first check-in time at 12:30 if the ship is ready to board as early as 11:45. I wonder why they are doing that.

More cabins will be ready for occupancy at 12:30 than at 11:45....Less luggage on the Lido deck

Edited by First and Ten