Sorry confused about the new beverage package eff 9-6-16?

shelby2002

I would like to know this as well. My history still shows premium. My guess would be the proper sticker would be applied on board. I am a "In writing" kind of person. I hope it updates on my cruise planner.

In all honesty, does it matter? You paid for Premium, so if you only get that, you got what you paid for. If you get the new Deluxe package you are ahead of the game.

I have Premium packages (that I purchased long ago) on two future cruises. I board one of them this Sunday. I'll try to remember to come back and let you know which sticker I end up with.

Dan.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using the Forums mobile app.

In all honesty, does it matter? You paid for Premium, so if you only get that, you got what you paid for. If you get the new Deluxe package you are ahead of the game.

HA! Tell that to the Brits in an uproar about their free select package that they now have to pay more money to upgrade, they are most definitely not satisfied that they got what they paid for and are petitioning the CEO to make him give them a deal on the new package [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

HA! Tell that to the Brits in an uproar about their free select package that they now have to pay more money to upgrade, they are most definitely not satisfied that they got what they paid for and are petitioning the CEO to make him give them a deal on the new package [emoji57]

Point taken, but a MUCH different scenario than the one I responded to.

Big difference between being bribed into booking a cruise with a "free" Select package and being told it could be upgraded affordably later (which now may cost more), and purchasing a Premium package (that you were happy with when you purchased it) and being upset if you don't get the new Deluxe package for free.

Dan.

Big difference between being bribed into booking a cruise with a "free" Select package and being told it could be upgraded affordably later (which now may cost more), and purchasing a Premium package (that you were happy with when you purchased it) and being upset if you don't get the new Deluxe package for free.

Dan.

Yeah I suppose I see the difference, but I'm inclined to think both parties are complaining unnecessarily. I was being facetious in my reply to you [emoji6]

Yeah I suppose I see the difference, but I'm inclined to think both parties are complaining unnecessarily. I was being facetious in my reply to you [emoji6]

Nice! Hard to catch the emotion through Internet posts. I guess in the end, we have a very similar opinion! [emoji12]

Dan.

I already explained to you that I had it in writing- that I could upgrade to include cocktails for between $10- an a max of $15 - A written contract - I have even had an apology from rccl when they contacted me and they were in agreement that I was in the right and in fact stated that the other prices quoted were rumors (started by themselfs in rccl email answers to question) and that they had to honor the package as advertised. Once an offer is in writing or had been used to get someone to book it must be honored. Also they were still advertising and selling this offer on the 5th sept when they knew it could not be done.

However , no matter what you are told you seem to think that we are wrong in our expectations. Fortunately RCCL agreed with us.

Edited by fragilek

I am one of the upset Brits and yes the select package with a cheap upgrade was the main reason of pushing my budget to the max to join the cruise I have booked, I have spoke with RCI, usual cannot do anything have a nice day youall call. But I now have to pay $520 on board not $286 an 85% rise. So yes I feel annoyed and technically ColaradoGurl is correct I am still getting Select as promised, but the whole booking process whilst onboard the Indy was book now and cheaply upgrade.

I am one of the upset Brits and yes the select package with a cheap upgrade was the main reason of pushing my budget to the max to join the cruise I have booked, I have spoke with RCI, usual cannot do anything have a nice day youall call. But I now have to pay $520 on board not $286 an 85% rise. So yes I feel annoyed and technically ColaradoGurl is correct I am still getting Select as promised, but the whole booking process whilst onboard the Indy was book now and cheaply upgrade.

go to the free select package thread and you will see that the situation has now been resolved- I have been told it is now $10 +18% as have many others on the thread.

Dan.

Never stated I was upset. Just curious as to what might take place. Thank you for your concern.

I've been following this thread with interest. I also got the 'free' Select package (which I didn't really want) as part of my 2 week B2B booking for September 2017. I wanted to immediately pay to upgrade to the Premium package but RCI wouldn't let me and like many others here were told to wait until boarding and it would cost $15.

I emailed Mike Bayley at RCI and his representative, Nelson Frau, rang me from Miami today. He said that all executives and ships now know that anyone with the Select package - whether they bought it or were given it free as a promotion - will need to pay only $10 plus 18% grats. He said there won't be any problems on boarding and asking for the upgrade (we'll wait and see on that). Like others though, I'll be taking my email with me. He APOLOGISED on behalf of RCI which, to me, shows that they know they were in the wrong and we had legitimate cause to complain.

Thank you to Fragilek and others for email addresses to complain too.

Also, ColoradoGurl, I do understand some of the points you make but the impression I get from you is that you really don't want us Brits to be listened to by RCI and come to a satisfactory resolution. As it is, by complaining we've actually got ourselves a better deal than we would have by just upgrading to the old Premium package - and at a cheaper price. :)

I wasn't wishing anything bad on the Brits, just annoyed at the extreme entitlement that seemed to be coming from some, who really didn't have much to go on other than a tantrum that they wanted something they couldn't prove was ever offered them. However, some people did have a written offer to make it right, which was the closest anybody could come to "proving" there was a legal issue going on from Royal Caribbean's end. That was really my point, just that while there may be a customer service opportunity to get a cheap upgrade, there was never a legal promise in the booking to get one.

I'm glad it worked out for those of you who emailed and got it in writing. There's always a chance the new deal really will get communicated to the ships, but if it's going to make or break your whole vacation (as some people seemed to be claiming), I'd make sure I got a copy of the email.

Again, I was never wishing Ill favor on the Brits, just rolling my eyes a bit at the entitlement & complaints which had no backing of written proof of an offer at the time of booking (and still don't).

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I wasn't wishing anything bad on the Brits, just annoyed at the extreme entitlement that seemed to be coming from some, who really didn't have much to go on other than a tantrum that they wanted something they couldn't prove was ever offered them. However, some people did have a written offer to make it right, which was the closest anybody could come to "proving" there was a legal issue going on from Royal Caribbean's end. That was really my point, just that while there may be a customer service opportunity to get a cheap upgrade, there was never a legal promise in the booking to get one.

I'm glad it worked out for those of you who emailed and got it in writing. There's always a chance the new deal really will get communicated to the ships, but if it's going to make or break your whole vacation (as some people seemed to be claiming), I'd make sure I got a copy of the email.

Again, I was never wishing Ill favor on the Brits, just rolling my eyes a bit at the entitlement & complaints which had no backing of written proof of an offer at the time of booking (and still don't).

How many times I HAD IT IN WRITING (in email from RCCL with no conditions attached). - are you unable to understand that or are you board just want people to target drivel at.

By the way it was a legal issue - Family are lawyers think they might know just a little more about consumer law especially laws that applies to purchases in UK (Scotland) than you do - However, as I said RCCL apologized I didn't even have to mention the word lawyer. I think they got it too :D.

Edited by fragilek

How many times I HAD IT IN WRITING (in email from RCCL with no conditions attached). - are you unable to understand that or are you board just want people to target drivel at.

By the way it was a legal issue - Family are lawyers think they might know just a little more about consumer law especially laws that applies to purchases in UK (Scotland) than you do - However, as I said RCCL apologized I didn't even have to mention the word lawyer. I think they got it too :D.

Yeah...fragilek....I heard you, calm yourself. You had it in writing, I very clearly said "some people got it in writing..." Maybe you're actually the one that's so worked up that you aren't taking the time to read things.

Just because they apologized doesn't mean that they're admitting fault. They're being good at customer service and apologizing for the confusion, not apologizing for mis-advertising, which I STILL don't believe they did, regardless of how loud you try to yell about it. There is a VERY CLEAR disclaimer all over the drinks package page which states that prices etc are subject to change, your email also made it clear that there was a price range, Royal is doing a nice thing by offering a standard upgrade across the board to appease a bunch of angry Brits and that's what they should do, but they were not required to do it.

I'm still in awe that so many adults didn't understand the original terms of their booking, but WHO CARES??? Why do you continue to insist to argue about an issue that is clearly resolved? If you want to keep arguing about my points, my points still stand, but they don't matter because Royal came through for you. Why are you still so angry? If you have a family full of lawyers, then I'm sure they also explained that if Royal truly bait and switched your package upgrade, you are due far more than a $10 upgrade. What makes you think I don't also have access to lots of lawyers? Why do you think I was so adamant about you not having any written proof that WHEN YOU BOOKED (NOT after the fact when you complained), the booking page did not say "free select drink package won the option to upgrade for $15 no matter what ship or sailing you're on!?" Jesus Christ just drop it and go pay your $70 for your liquor and please, for the love of God, drink up and chill the f-out, lol.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

I was on the Harmony of the Seas last month out of Barcelona and I had the Royal Replenish package, the price for that was $22 a day, the total I paid was $170.94, this was for 7 days which included the gratuities and VAT. I have a cruise on the Freedom of the Seas in Feb 2017 and the same package which has been renamed to the Refreshment package is now $26 a day and does not include the gratuities so my total for a 6 day cruise is $184.08 when you add the gratuities. I guess I will not be getting that package.

Yeah...fragilek....I heard you, calm yourself. You had it in writing, I very clearly said "some people got it in writing..." Maybe you're actually the one that's so worked up that you aren't taking the time to read things.

Just because they apologized doesn't mean that they're admitting fault. They're being good at customer service and apologizing for the confusion, not apologizing for mis-advertising, which I STILL don't believe they did, regardless of how loud you try to yell about it. There is a VERY CLEAR disclaimer all over the drinks package page which states that prices etc are subject to change, your email also made it clear that there was a price range, Royal is doing a nice thing by offering a standard upgrade across the board to appease a bunch of angry Brits and that's what they should do, but they were not required to do it.

I'm still in awe that so many adults didn't understand the original terms of their booking, but WHO CARES??? Why do you continue to insist to argue about an issue that is clearly resolved? If you want to keep arguing about my points, my points still stand, but they don't matter because Royal came through for you. Why are you still so angry? If you have a family full of lawyers, then I'm sure they also explained that if Royal truly bait and switched your package upgrade, you are due far more than a $10 upgrade. What makes you think I don't also have access to lots of lawyers? Why do you think I was so adamant about you not having any written proof that WHEN YOU BOOKED (NOT after the fact when you complained), the booking page did not say "free select drink package won the option to upgrade for $15 no matter what ship or sailing you're on!?" Jesus Christ just drop it and go pay your $70 for your liquor and please, for the love of God, drink up and chill the f-out, lol.

I didn't say a lot of lawyers - three to be precise- brother (owns one of the top Cayman practices so knows a thing or two :) ), sister in law and nephew. I asked for opinion before I took up with Royal .

What they would have been done for was still advertising that you could buy the package and upgrade to the premium for all 2016 sailing on the 5th Sept when they had already put out the info that premium was to be removed on the 6th sept- Obviously that concept of miss selling is beyond you.

Edited by fragilek

I didn't say a lot of lawyers - three to be precise- brother (owns one of the top Cayman practices so knows a thing or two :) ), sister in law and nephew. I asked for opinion before I took up with Royal .

What they would have been done for was still advertising that you could buy the package and upgrade to the premium for all 2016 sailing on the 5th Sept when they had already put out the info that premium was to be removed on the 6th sept- Obviously that concept of miss selling is beyond you.

A family of 3 lawyers, that's excellent [emoji849]

The concept isn't lost on me. I get it, and I got it yesterday. What I'm saying is...where is the proof? Where is the screen shot? Which one of you booked your trip on sept 5th because the website said the premium upgrade was $15? So far, none of you. [emoji57]

I myself suggested to people that while they weren't entitled to the upgrade, it wouldn't hurt to ask, and I even gave suggestions as to how to go about doing so. My argument was never that you shouldn't try to get the discount, my argument was (and is) that you were never promised to get that very specific deal when you booked. And so far, not one of you has been able to come up with ANYthing other than hearsay to show that you did. An email after the fact is not what I'm talking about. And again, who cares anymore? $70 is a great deal, take it and run!

Edited by ColoradoGurl

OMG!!!! He said he has it in writing in an email. Maybe you would like him to send you a copy of this?

What are you even bothered?

We weren't GIVEN these beverage packages, we paid for them included in our cruise fare with the premise that we can upgrade if wanted.

All of us 'Brits' read or were told the same thing, we can't all be mistaken.

We only want what was advertised, nothing more, nothing less.

Ok time to give this a break.

OMG!!!! He said he has it in writing in an email. Maybe you would like him to send you a copy of this?

We weren't GIVEN these beverage packages, we paid for them included in our cruise fare with the premise that we can upgrade if wanted.

OMG are you even reading my posts? If so, how is it that you even posted this reply? I know there was an email, an email that came AFTER the booking when that person asked what the cost to upgrade would be. One person, one email, after booking, does not constitute an advertisement to the entire British population.

And, nobody ever said you couldn't still upgrade, it's just that the upgrade was now going to cost more money because the drink packages changed (which was surely in the fine print when you booked, because on the US site it's very clearly stated that prices and packages are subject to change). Anyway, you can still upgrade and nobody is forcing you to upgrade either. Maybe you need to slow down and actually read what I've written.

And I wasn't GIVEN my 30% off deal either.

Edited by ColoradoGurl

best just ignore her and she may go away (a bit like we ignore tanturms in children so as not to pander to them) lol

Edited by fragilek

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages. Here are the highlights:

Our new offerings have been simplified into the Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 06, 2016. Please use the link below for more info on what each packages includes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

We’ll be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10pp per day, plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

We hope this answers many of the questions out there.

Hi there.

It seems that there’s been some chatter about our enhanced Beverage Packages. Here are the highlights:

Our new offerings have been simplified into the Deluxe Beverage Package, the Refreshment Package, and the Classic Soda Package. These packages were launched onboard as of September 06, 2016. Please use the link below for more info on what each packages includes.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/experiencetypes/category.do?pagename=onboard_cat_dining_options

We’ll be grandfathering in our guests that have already purchased the Select Package, or that have the package included in their cruise. Please review the points below:

- Guests with a Select Package will have the opportunity to upgrade onboard to the Deluxe Package at the special rate of $10pp per day, plus 18% gratuities

- Guests with the Premium and Ultimate Packages will be automatically upgraded to the new Deluxe Package at no extra cost

- Replenish Package is being replaced by the Refreshment Package and our Evian Water Package remains unchanged

We hope this answers many of the questions out there.

Late to the party - but thanks for coming anyway.

best just ignore her and she may go away (a bit like we ignore tanturms in children so as not to pander to them) lol

Wait, you're pointing fingers about tantrums [emoji23]

Best to jump out once you realize your argument doesn't hold weight. Enjoy your upgraded beverage package (that you're still overpaying for by the way) [emoji6]

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Not sure if this has been covered but I have just received confirmation that we will be able to upgrade for $10 (plus grats) per day to the new delux package. Sailing from the uk if that helps

Lol, we got it, but thank you (not sure if you're kidding or if you're just not caught up on the thread). The deal is actually good for everyone with a select package, purchased or given "free."