disembarkation procedure

joe grumble

does anyone know the procedure for getting off britannia in barbados at the end of the 18th november cruise. our flight back to manchester is early evening. can we stay on board most of the day.i know our luggage will have been taken away but what happens then. we have been used to getting off cruise ships around 8-9 am. we are on our first fly/cruise.

I'm afraid I've never done a Barbados fly cruise but I'm assuming the procedure will be the same - you'll get off at 8/9AM then get a transfer to the airport. I can't imagine they'd let you stay on later than that as 9-12 are the main cleaning hours for the new passengers

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You normally have to be out of your cabin about 8am but are allowed to stay on the ship and use all of the facilities until your coach transfer to the airport. This is usually about 3-4 hours before your flight. You can still eat in any of the restaurants etc and drinks can still be charged to your cruise card. There will be a separate charge to your credit card for any purchases on your last day.

On Oceana last month there were some passengers who had really late flights. They were called to disembark at about 5pm I think. They had been able to leave their hand luggage in the theatre during the day and had been able to have all meals etc and use the ship's facilities. To be honest, I do find that P&O do disembarkation for fly cruises very well, so am sure that this will be the same on Britannia.

You have to be out of the cabin by 8 am but you can stay on the ship, you can purchase a cabin to use for the rest of the day if you want, hand luggage is kept in the restaurants with a ticket system. The flights are shown on the TV's around the public areas with the departure times. We did the "Farewell to Barbados" tour last year but wouldn't do it again as it was boring and got us to the airport too early. I'm doing the same cruise this year as you and did it last year, its very well organised.

We've done the Barbados cruise a few times. Yes you'll need to be out of your cabin by 8am, so pack your travelling home clothes in your hand luggage, this can then be left in the theatre safely. Leave your swim things and day wear out of your main case that way you can spend the day by the pool relaxing. They don't call you to travel to the airport until the plane has landed from the UK then it's a couple of hours before your flight. On arriving at the airport we've never waited more than an hour to board. The next time you see your luggage will be in the UK, this is the most relaxing travel we've ever had. P & O have this to a fine art. Enjoy your cruise.