restaurant

gene g

Where is a good restaurant in Cozumel not to far from the dock?

Ponchos restaurant is our favorite. Its to the left of the pier shops if you're at the pier where you have to walk thru the stores. If you see the 3 Amigos, look to the left side of the shops and it will be there,,, good food & healthy margaritas...

Mike

Where the carnival Paradise dock and all kind of food.

Carnival will probably dock at their own pier, Puerta Maya. Some of their smaller ships dock in town. I have never been to that pier but I understand there are two or three, chain-type restaurants - Panchos Backyard mentioned above us probably the best.

For much more variety in food types you would need to go to town but that would require a $10 each-way taxi, which probably wouldn't be worth it, if that is all you are going for.

Of the restaurants in the Puerta Maqya complex, 3 Amigos, and Panchos, Panchos is a tad better. In the area there is/was a blue food truck across from the International pier just a short walk away from the PM complex. Otherwise, grab a taxi and head into town. Lots of threads on places to eat ton this board. Or head south to Bob Marley's, Reggae Bar, Paradise Café or what ever they call in this week:D Fantastic food.

There is a place along the highway near the marina as you head south, forget the name (La Cartitas?) that is very good. Diving boats and fishermen crews eat there. but again it's a taxi ride.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but feel that the recommendations should probably be still current.

Is anyone worried about becoming ill? The bad kind of stomach ache? I really feel ignorant about this.......does anyone have any experience or knowledge about the food quality? I know, I know, we can pick up a bug anywhere, anytime, so no need to respond about general health and welfare.

In Mexico we were warned about not drinking the water, and only consuming peeled fruit, and making sure that the ice came from purified water. Does this apply to Cozumel?

As far as I know, all the restaurants in Coz, even the small loncherias use bottled/filtered water to wash veggies. This is especially true at any popular tourist places, even on the east side where there is little or no electricity.

The cases I've heard about of people being sick were from too much food and drink( mostly the latter).