Incentive to Book Now?

montrealroyalc

I've never cruised Azamara before but have been monitoring the 11 NIGHT WEST INDIES HIDEAWAY VOYAGE departing Miami on January 4th, 2017. After looking at cabin availability I see that all categories are pretty much still available and plenty of cabins to be had. I would have thought by now it should be closer to being sold out. If I'm not too particular on cabin selection, what's the real incentive to go ahead book now instead of waiting it out? I've been screwed too many times by booking early on Celebrity and later to see prices get dropped up to 50% just to fill a cabin. Does Azamara play by a different set of rules? Any input would be appreciated.

Edited by montrealroyalc

I've never seen prices go down in the past, usually they go up the nearer you get. Even when there's an offer on, when you work it out it's still usually more than the price a few months previously. However I guess that doesn't mean that it will not go down on the future!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've only seen prices go up, but we regularly run sales promotions as booking incentives. Right now we are running the Double Upgrade, but not on the voyage you're considering. I always recommend guests to book a voyage if it's what you like, has the stateroom availability you want, and the price you are comfortable with.

And if, for example, you have booked an Azamara voyage and a better price/deal comes along, you can take advantage of it using our Best Price Guarantee.

I've only seen prices go up, but we regularly run sales promotions as booking incentives. Right now we are running the Double Upgrade, but not on the voyage you're considering. I always recommend guests to book a voyage if it's what you like, has the stateroom availability you want, and the price you are comfortable with.

And if, for example, you have booked an Azamara voyage and a better price/deal comes along, you can take advantage of it using our Best Price Guarantee.

But not if you are from the UK!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are booked December 1 on Quest out of Miami. I booked this cruise in January for $4,500 , it is now advertised at $3,500 .We did get internet , upgraded drinks and $700 land discoveries to total value of $1544 .

So , it's about $250 cheaper per person now . I would prefered not to have any of the benefits of dubious value and had the cruise cheaper.

From now on I will wait for last minute deals and forgo the perks .