Arcadia help

spf

Hoping someone can help.

Have cruised lots with p&o but never been on Arcadia. Looking at a Baltic trip in 2018 and Arcadia fits the bill.

We love aft cabins any tips for good cabins aft balcony or otherwise and any other tips about ship so I can decide what to do.

This site always helped in the past. Thankyou

Hoping someone can help.

Have cruised lots with p&o but never been on Arcadia. Looking at a Baltic trip in 2018 and Arcadia fits the bill.

We love aft cabins any tips for good cabins aft balcony or otherwise and any other tips about ship so I can decide what to do.

This site always helped in the past. Thankyou

Hello, we set sail on Arcadia Sunday, she is our joint favourite ship and we can't wait. We like her because she has s little bit of everything, a thermal suite, full promenade, crows nest, adult only, Ocean Grill, recent refit and all the other venues and trimmings you would expect. As far as aft cabins go we share this love! If you want a cabin at the back with a view of the wake here is the info I have gathered over time: A deck more overlooked and can be noisy, D deck completely covered balcony and can be dark in cabin, E deck big balconies, some say a little noise from the mechanics of the ship. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Florry. The stern cabins are great. I've stayed in ones on A,B,C and D deck. D deck ones are good for potentially stormy weather - think Bay of Biscay in spring or late autumn as they provide a lot of cover but, as Florry says, it does make the cabin darker as they have massive covered balconies. Can't comment on noise levels for E deck but didn't notice any noise on decks A-D. As at the end of the ship, the corridor space is quieter than elsewhere as no passing traffic.

For a Baltic cruise though I would go for a starboard cabin as the scenery for me was a lot better than the view from the stern. I've had both types of cabin on Baltic cruises - one of my favourite itineraries. Starboard will also give you good views of the island of Kronshtadt about 20 minutes after departing St Petersburg.

Sindhu and the Ocean Grill are good alternatives to the MDR and they both have weekly menus. Plenty of bars with varying entertainment but the theatre does have some seats with obstructed views and the cinema only seats around 30 or so.

Of the 4 smaller P&O ships, Arcadia is my favourite but I haven't been on Aurora.

Just returned yesterday from Baltic on Arcadia. Starboard cabin D21.

Balcony cabins are deluxe so larger square footage with a sofa or sofa bed.

Balcony doors open outward not sliding.

Plenty of seats in public areas unlike Ventura and plenty of room on deck. The only crowded place (at any time) was the Belvedere Buffet at breakfast and at lunch.

I was happy with the quietness of the ship but I heard one "elderly lady" (in her middle 70s) complain that there was not much to do and at 70 years old she "did not want to learn how to bl**dy juggle!!" :D

We also love Arcadia and the aft cabins and like Florry are boarding on Sunday.

We have visited an E deck aft cabin and found sitting outside very noisy but the middle 3 aft are larger cabins and large balconies.

D deck is completely covered balcony so not for us.

C deck aft cabins are slightly smaller than B deck and A deck.

B deck is our fav and have stayed in B150 and B169 twice. We have B152 booked for the world cruise. They all have extra large balconies.

On Sunday we are in A173 which has a massive balcony. We don't normally go for A deck because of the potential noise from the sun deck but we are trying it out as both the cabins and balconies are larger than B deck.

Sue

In recent times they show films in one of the larger public areas on a biggish screen. The cinema is tiny!

Yup. And although its now reservations only, I found out that it gets booked up incredibly fast.

I went down after breakfast (9am-ish) to book a seat and virtually the whole day was booked. I reckon they allowed folks to put thier name down days in advance - there's no way there'd be that much demand for 'The Lady in the Van'. They must put thier name down and then see if they want to see the film at the time.

They did however show that film a few days later in The Globe, but it was at the same time as our meal or the theatre show (can't remember which). Bit annoying but hey ho, what can you do?

Edited by Monorail Orange

We also love Arcadia and the aft cabins and like Florry are boarding on Sunday.

We have visited an E deck aft cabin and found sitting outside very noisy but the middle 3 aft are larger cabins and large balconies.

D deck is completely covered balcony so not for us.

C deck aft cabins are slightly smaller than B deck and A deck.

B deck is our fav and have stayed in B150 and B169 twice. We have B152 booked for the world cruise. They all have extra large balconies.

On Sunday we are in A173 which has a massive balcony. We don't normally go for A deck because of the potential noise from the sun deck but we are trying it out as both the cabins and balconies are larger than B deck.

Sue

Sue,

We usually go for A deck and have never had any disturbance from up above

David & Esther

Sue,

We usually go for A deck and have never had any disturbance from up above

David & Esther

A deck is usually very good. The only time I heard anything was when staying aft (underneath the Aquarius pool). You could hear the very faint sound of the DJs music - but it stopped around 11:30ish so not an issue.

Certiainly a lot quieter than some land-based hotels. I'm sure we've all got stories of hearing the neighbours. *ahem* :rolleyes::D

A deck is usually very good. The only time I heard anything was when staying aft (underneath the Aquarius pool). You could hear the very faint sound of the DJs music - but it stopped around 11:30ish so not an issue.

Certiainly a lot quieter than some land-based hotels. I'm sure we've all got stories of hearing the neighbours. *ahem* :rolleyes::D

I always take earplugs just in case, bulk buy from Amazon [emoji1360] you can get annoying noise anywhere on the ship - I'd try A deck [emoji4]

Thankyou all for your replies lots of research to be done now.

Managed to pin my Headteacher down about holidays and it looks like we will be Baltic Bound in 2018.

A couple more questions is Ocean Grill like The Beach House?

Has anyone stayed on Sun Deck and if so is it a quiet location.

Thanks soo much to all of you that adore Arcadia.

Thankyou all for your replies lots of research to be done now.

Managed to pin my Headteacher down about holidays and it looks like we will be Baltic Bound in 2018.

A couple more questions is Ocean Grill like The Beach House?

Has anyone stayed on Sun Deck and if so is it a quiet location.

Thanks soo much to all of you that adore Arcadia.

I personally think the Beach House is more like pub food and the Ocean Grill is more like the Epicurean - at least in so far as the atmosphere goes. The food is in my opinion great it's things like lobster and steak cooked to order in a lovely restaurant. You can see the menus on the website.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if they don't change the OG to an Epicurean at some point (boo)

Don't put that idea into their head. We love Ocean Grill for the lobster and the sherry trifle wally Ladd.

Sue

Don't put that idea into their head. We love Ocean Grill for the lobster and the sherry trifle wally Ladd.

Sue

Someone I know very well, loves the Wally Ladd. As we have 5 weeks on Arcadia soon I feel we may have a few visits to the OG. :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Someone I know very well, loves the Wally Ladd. As we have 5 weeks on Arcadia soon I feel we may have a few visits to the OG. :) :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The OG is my favourite - I can eat the apple tart as it has no egg. I would start a protest group if they changed it [emoji23]