Staggered Check in Time

lizzie51310

Still nothing posted for October 13th. New York sailing. A Carnival Rep told me they will not be starting staggered boarding in New York until the end of the year. Needless, to say regardless I am still checking as wrong info can be given out. What I am curious about is let's say for example you have scheduled boarding time 11:00 to 11:30 what happens if you arrive at the terminal before then? Will they allow you in or do you have to wait outside. I always get to the port around 10:30.

Still nothing posted for October 13th. New York sailing. A Carnival Rep told me they will not be starting staggered boarding in New York until the end of the year. Needless, to say regardless I am still checking as wrong info can be given out. What I am curious about is let's say for example you have scheduled boarding time 11:00 to 11:30 what happens if you arrive at the terminal before then? Will they allow you in or do you have to wait outside. I always get to the port around 10:30.

It's staggered "CHECK IN" time not boarding time. If the port goes to a STAGGERED CHECK IN TIME, you will not be allowed into the port until your scheduled time UNLESS you are Platinum, Diamond or have FTTF. Then you'll be allowed to come at your leisure no matter what your scheduled time is.

Unless you have FTTF, are Diamond, Platinum, have a suite, or take a Carnival transfer from the airport, you will not be allowed in. Past rules are out the window with staggered check in.

Staggered check in time for NY sailings should be open as of today... If you arrive to the terminal prior to your assigned check in time, you will be turned away and not allowed to enter... If you arrive after your assigned check in time, you will be allowed to enter and check in... Boarding is a whole different story depending on customs, the past passengers getting off etc...

Edited by Elaine515

Unless you have FTTF, are Diamond, Platinum, have a suite, or take a Carnival transfer from the airport, you will not be allowed in. Past rules are out the window with staggered check in.

Not sure that's accurate regarding Carnival Transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Not sure that's accurate regarding Carnival Transfers.

Sure is:

Q: When should I arrive at the terminal?

A: You must arrive at the cruise terminal within the 30 minute check-in window you selected. Check-in windows will be strictly enforced so that we can minimize wait times in the terminal.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Please keep in mind that transfers and Faster to the Fun may not be available for all sailings. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

• 3 months later...

I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have done a cruise with staggered check in last year so I know where to look for it. I have booked a cruise on the Sensation out of Miami for May 2017. I went to check in and it says my check in is complete, but I did not see where I could choose a check in time. I've only been on 7 day cruises and this is a 5 day. Do they still do the staggered check in for 5 days? Thanks.

I know this thread is a few months old, but I'm hoping someone can help me. I have done a cruise with staggered check in last year so I know where to look for it. I have booked a cruise on the Sensation out of Miami for May 2017. I went to check in and it says my check in is complete, but I did not see where I could choose a check in time. I've only been on 7 day cruises and this is a 5 day. Do they still do the staggered check in for 5 days? Thanks.

Right now staggered check in in Miami is just for the Vista.

we cruise in april 2017 and still they don't have the times listed and yet others have already picked there time for may 2017.

my cruise date is may 14th on vista leaving from miami, i chose my check in time 3 weeks ago and no i'm not fully paid.

Sure is:

Q: When should I arrive at the terminal?

A: You must arrive at the cruise terminal within the 30 minute check-in window you selected. Check-in windows will be strictly enforced so that we can minimize wait times in the terminal.

Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or 'Faster to the Fun' must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing - please select your anticipated check-in time so that we can prepare for your arrival onboard. Please keep in mind that transfers and Faster to the Fun may not be available for all sailings. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

I am coming to the person with the answers. They just started doing sign up for staggered check in at Port Canaveral today. I have already signed up for the 11:00 to 11:30 check in (earliest available) but we have a suite and FTTF. We set up the rental for our car this morning with Budget and filled out the form to return the car at 9:15 a.m. and use their shuttle to the port. If we keep that time and get to the port around 10:00 will we be allowed early entry with FTTF?

Thank you.

I am coming to the person with the answers. They just started doing sign up for staggered check in at Port Canaveral today. I have already signed up for the 11:00 to 11:30 check in (earliest available) but we have a suite and FTTF. We set up the rental for our car this morning with Budget and filled out the form to return the car at 9:15 a.m. and use their shuttle to the port. If we keep that time and get to the port around 10:00 will we be allowed early entry with FTTF?

Thank you.

You will only be allowed in at the earliest check in time. So in your case, you will have to wait outside until they start with the first time slot which you state is 11AM. I would plan to arrive closer to then.

Edited by firemanbobswife

You will only be allowed in at the earliest check in time. So in your case, you will have to wait outside until they start with the first time slot which you state is 11AM. I would plan to arrive closer to that time.

Thank you! I thought that would be the case. We sailed on the Dream and had FTTF and a check in at 10:30. We arrived at 10:35 and was checked in quickly and in line to get on the boat a little after 11:00. Very smooth process.

Thank you! I thought that would be the case. We sailed on the Dream and had FTTF and a check in at 10:30. We arrived at 10:35 and was checked in quickly and in line to get on the boat a little after 11:00. Very smooth process.

I am a fan of staggered check in for sure. The lines were nonexistent and it was much better than all the other times the old way. Have a great cruise! Another 72 days for me :(.

Okay I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I see they have updated the website with this information but I don't see it when I go to my booking? Unless I am missing something, I can not find the area to pick my time. I do have FTTF but know I still have to pick a check in time.

Okay I'm sorry if this has already been asked but I see they have updated the website with this information but I don't see it when I go to my booking? Unless I am missing something, I can not find the area to pick my time. I do have FTTF but know I still have to pick a check in time.

Go to Manage my cruise. On the left is on line check in (edit). Click edit and it should be there. It was for my Pride cruise in 8 days but not for Magic in April.