Belize and Mahogany Bay with kids

fam2cruise

What tours would you suggest for a family with a 4 year old and 8 year old in Belize and Mahogany Bay? I've never cruised to these ports before. Our other stop is Cozumel which we've visited several times and are comfortable with. I'd love any suggestions! We enjoy tours and beach days equally. I'm fine with ship or local excursions as well. Thanks in advance!!

You don't need to book anything to have a beach day at Mahogany Bay. The beach is right there.:)

You will probably want to take some sort of excursion in Belize. There's nothing in the port terminal area that would be of interest to children.

We went with cavetubing.bz in Belize and had a great tour/guides. It's a great trip down river. Free lunch and some homemade happy juice too lol Just to let you know it is a long day and you will be happily very tired at the end of it. Tender port isn't a bad ride --> FTTF is great to have at a tender... Have FUN! :D

Edited by KCpumkin

We have done cave tubing and Goff's Caye in Belize. We did not have the kids with us. In March we will have the kids and will likely book a trip to Caye Caulker through Coral Breeze.

In Roatan we have done the Isand tour with zip line through island Marketing, the day pass at Bananarama, and also just stayed at Mahogany Bay. For our next cruise with the kids we booked the wild on Roatan wildlife tour through Island Marketing. Is includes the driver plus admision to the iguana farm, monkey hangout, etc and also goes you West Bay. Very good price.

We have done cave tubing and Goff's Caye in Belize. We did not have the kids with us. In March we will have the kids and will likely book a trip to Caye Caulker through Coral Breeze.

In Roatan we have done the Isand tour with zip line through island Marketing, the day pass at Bananarama, and also just stayed at Mahogany Bay. For our next cruise with the kids we booked the wild on Roatan wildlife tour through Island Marketing. Is includes the driver plus admision to the iguana farm, monkey hangout, etc and also goes you West Bay. Very good price.

Thanks for this info!! I'll look into other offers from these tour providers as well.

You guys might enjoy the Lamanai Ruins excursion in Belize. You take like a 45 minute bus ride, then they take you up river to the ruins by boat. There is usually wildlife along the way. Monkey's, birds, occasional crocodile. Then you sepnd a good amount of time at the ruins. Then boat back down river to a buffet lunch, and bus back to the ship.

You guys might enjoy the Lamanai Ruins excursion in Belize. You take like a 45 minute bus ride, then they take you up river to the ruins by boat. There is usually wildlife along the way. Monkey's, birds, occasional crocodile. Then you sepnd a good amount of time at the ruins. Then boat back down river to a buffet lunch, and bus back to the ship.

Something like this sounds perfect, thanks! Adding this to my research list.