Port Tax on Beverage Package/Drinks

Garavar

Currently on NCL Getaway (soon to be renamed NCL Takeaway Your Money) full review to come once I get off. Terrible line....

Anyway, have a question that we have been debating about.

On Royal, when you are in port (ie in Fort Lauderdale or Miami) do you have to pay tax on drinks when you have a drink package?

I don't remember ever having to my friends say yes. Please help this debate.

Currently on NCL Getaway (soon to be renamed NCL Takeaway Your Money) full review to come once I get off. Terrible line....

Anyway, have a question that we have been debating about.

On Royal, when you are in port (ie in Fort Lauderdale or Miami) do you have to pay tax on drinks when you have a drink package?

I don't remember ever having to my friends say yes. Please help this debate.

So you aren't liking your cruise, so it must be the whole fleet?

I don't know about RC but recently I had a Beverage package on a Carnival cruise from Miami and I had to pay taxes on each drink the first day until we where on international waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you aren't liking your cruise, so it must be the whole fleet?

Don't like getting nickel and dimed. Ultimate Beverage package is more expensive than royals and doesn't include bottle water which we drink a lot of.

Internet is horribly slow and it's $30 per device with no discounts for multiple device.

Room service has service charge regardless of what you get and what time.

Just a few of many things wrong with NCL that I am sure is fleet wide

To be clear what I am asking is the following scenerio...

On NCL purchased drink package and prepaid gratituties. Then purchased 1 drink and was charged $1.43 Florida tax cause we were in port of Miami.

I was charged tax on all drinks until about 11 pm when we hit international waters. I didn't know about this because I didnt get receipts. Therefore I got charged about $10 - 15.

I don't remember this being case on RC but CS people said it's all cruises and my friends agreed. Hence the debate

On NCL purchased drink package and prepaid gratituties. Then purchased 1 drink and was charged $1.43 Florida tax cause we were in port of Miami.

I was charged tax on all drinks until about 11 pm when we hit international waters. I didn't know about this because I didnt get receipts. Therefore I got charged about $10 - 15.

I don't remember this being case on RC but CS people said it's all cruises and my friends agreed. Hence the debate

No, it's not all cruises. Not on a package.

Is it supposed to happen...no.

Could it happen...possibly.

In March on the Allure we purchased a Royal Replenish package on board in port and were charged tax. A trip to guest services and getting the food and beverage manager involved only resulted in them removing the charge as a goodwill gesture and not because they thought it was wrong. In a follow up call with corporate guest relations after the cruise the lady that I spoke with said that no it should not happen however it appeared that the F&B manager or HD had misinterpreted the policy.

The same thing could easily happen with tax being added onto drinks that were part of a package.

On RCI you are only charged tax while at the home port if you don't have the package and purchase your drinks individually. If you have the package no tax is charged on drinks.

Were you charged the tax on a drink you ordered with your package or one you bought?

You knew what things would cost on NCL - why did you book?