Drinks package - Australian sailing

Hi all,

Hoping somebody can help me.

While the old packages were available still yesterday (before US ticked over to 6/9) I quickly called RCI 1800 number and booked 3 x premium packages (were planning to originally buy 2 x premium and 1 x ultimate until I read of the new package upgrades).

Anyway, all 3 packages worked out to be $69 a day AUD which apparently included a 20% off discount??

I have logged in today to see the new packages and the ultimate is the same price ($69 a day including 20% discount)??? How does that work??? I thought the premium was being upgraded to the deluxe "at no extra cost". It seems like no extra cost because they're the same price?

Sorry to say - at $69 aud per day (which I am assuming included gratuities) this was not at 20% off for the old Premium package.

The actual aud price of 20% off (inc gratuities) should have been $61 - $62 aud.

Thanks for that Amy. I might have to call them and find out what the deal is. Can you please tell me how you worked out that it should only have been $61-$62? How much was it in USD?

The Premium have been $69 (on special) for some time. I know when the 20% off promotion started, many who bought just bought the Ultimate because it was only $3 more.

The 'no extra cost' refers to the two packages being combined. If the new price is $69 as well, those who bought the Ultimate would be disappointed as they would have paid more than the new Deluxe price.

Question in regard to cancelling drink package....

I have purchased a drinks package and the cost has been deducted from my credit card. If I cancel, how long would it usually take for the refund to come back onto my account.....ie: couple of days or several weeks?

TIA

Question in regard to cancelling drink package....

I have purchased a drinks package and the cost has been deducted from my credit card. If I cancel, how long would it usually take for the refund to come back onto my account.....ie: couple of days or several weeks?

TIA

Should be no more than 10 business days.

I just undertook an interesting exercise. We are booked on the Ovation in December - so in June I purchased two Premium Beverage Packages with the 20% Discount, which came to AUD1148.02 each (AUD2296.04 in total) and included grats. AUD 73.53pp/day on a 15 night cruise.

Today I cancelled that package because they are now showing the Deluxe Package with 20% Discount coming in at AUD1035.80 each (AUD 2071.60) and also included grats. AUD69.05 pp/day. A saving of $224.44!!

We are booked on the Legend in February from Brisbane to Singapore - 11 nights and it is also showing AUD69.05pp/day including grats.

Again booked on the Vision on a TA in August 2017 - and it is showing AUD59pp/day PLUS AUD337.08 SERVICE CHARGE (ie Grats) on a 16 night cruise plus 20% Discount.

I think Clarea (Bob) is correct in that the cost depends on the ship, the length of the cruise and the itinerary. Can anyone ever figure out RCI's matrix?? :):)

Question: Can I cancel on line - or do I have to call? We bought 2 x Ultimates for a 10 day cruise (and thought I was doing quite well) and can now save AUD60 by changing to the new package. Thanks.

I phoned RCI on 1800 754 500 and had no problems. :)