Splendor incidents

bareitallltan

While on cruise a few incidents happened.2 near drownings.one on Grand turk,margaritaville, airlifted to miami.parents not with child in pool.i witnessed a man saving this child and another mom resuscitate him.scary and something i never wish to witness again.returned to st kitts port and the family were there at same beach.so glad child lived.while in St kitts port a guy on jet ski drowned.my opinion he should not have been allowed on one.he was at least 500 lbs.life jacket not closed and snapped together.another child under supervised had to be pulled from ships pool.while arriving at St martin,someone with heart issue ambulance came and got.hope that person is ok.please watch your children. Do not do excursions that you are not healthy enough to do.drink responsible. I have been on countless cruises and this was a nightmare.

Too bad.

In all my years of cruising I have only been on few where someone didn't have to be transported by helicopter for medical emergencies.

On Splendor in 2014 there was an ashtray fire on Deck 10 that I threw a beer on to put out and a lady was locked in the bathroom a few feet away. I could hear her pounding on the door so alerted crew to it They got her out after about an hour, elderly lady and she thanked me for helping her and the next day I saw her again. She got a free cruise for her troubles....I got squat..LOL

Seems like the lock was sticking in that restroom and the next day it was changed!

Considering the demographic that cruising attracts, it is surprising that more "incidents" do not occur.

could you please be specific? at this point I am feeling insulted, so I hope you will explain your generic comment...thank you

I stumbled upon the "Cruise Ship Deaths" web page the other day. I was surprised to see so many strange occurrences. There was one incident where a older couple's stateroom caught on fire and they were trapped and burned alive. The story went on to say that the ship continued it's course :eek:. There also a large number of people who disappear.

I agree children need to be supervised. My rule regarding water is my 4 year old cannot get in with out me; even if she is wearing a floating device. My 13 year old can swim alone in a pool with me watching close by; however he cannot go too far into the ocean (water must remain at his waist or below).

This post confuses me. What ship was this on and how could a fire in one cabin be so intense to burn them alive without it affecting more of the ship?:confused::eek:

This post confuses me. What ship was this on and how could a fire in one cabin be so intense to burn them alive without it affecting more of the ship?:confused::eek:

Did a little digging. I suspect, since this is the only couple mentioned on the "cruise deaths" site, that this was the couple on the Amazon cruise back in April. They did not burn to death, they died of smoke inhalation, and in fact the wife died on the way to the hospital. It was an electrical fire in the cabin.

Interestingly enough, to tie this to other threads over the years, there was a melted power strip caught on a news video of the cabin shortly after the fire. However, another article, on "International Cruise Victims" by the couple's daughters, states the power strip "lacked surge protection", so I have my doubts about some accuracy of reporting.

could you please be specific? at this point I am feeling insulted, so I hope you will explain your generic comment...thank you

I'm not the person whose post you're referring to but I think he was saying that the age of the typical cruiser (especially on some other lines other than Carnival or the longer Carnival cruises) are above 60. My wife and I went on a Hawaiian Carnival cruise a few years back and at 60 years old we were youngsters! Typically, the longer the cruise the older the passengers are.

Edited by Cushing985

I don't know why any of this is surprising. When you have 3,000 + people on a ship, there are bound to be health issues here and there. You don't drive by your local emergency room and count how many people are in and out of there every day. People get hurt, sick, overheated, die suddenly, etc. It doesn't matter where you are.

An added note, how strangers react to tragic events is not "weird." People go into shock...denial. I don't know how I would react in that situation because thankfully it has not happened to me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app