Is it worth the expense?

rogfam

However, that $2000 pp upcharge that it would cost from our B3 (extra large veranda) to a PH was the money that we took to book a 12 night cruise to the Mediterranean leaving 3 months later. Also in a standard extra large veranda. Plus, we have $1000 left over!

You booked a 12-night Med cruise in a veranda cabin for $3,000 total? Please, tell me which cruise that is and we'll see you there!

What exactly constitutes value for money is perhaps even more personal than passion.

room-service.jpg

Some people look at the person that they Cruise with and imagine how delightfully intimate a private meal in the Suite would be-

Others look across the same table, and think, "Will you NEVER die?"

Quite naturally the experience......well.........varies.

Thank you so much for starting my day off with a laugh, you are so funny! We're doing the 21 day Transatlantic on Marina in April and booked a PH for the extra space and we might do a couple of dinners in the suite. 21 days is a long trip and I could see tiring of going to the dining room and or specialty every night. We typically don't eat multi-course meals at home or a big dinner every night. Once we get to Lisbon, Tapas will be perfect!

When we dine in the room it is often just several appetizers from the specialties . Or a main course and nothing else. The abundance of food gets tiresome for us after the first week. The only time we did a true multi course dinner was when we were in a vista and invited another couple

On a long cruise all the dining venues eventually lose their luster(for us) and getting dressed in the evening becomes even less appealing. Nothing like eating a shrimp cocktail in your plush bathrobe!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for starting my day off with a laugh, you are so funny! We're doing the 21 day Transatlantic on Marina in April and booked a PH for the extra space and we might do a couple of dinners in the suite. 21 days is a long trip and I could see tiring of going to the dining room and or specialty every night. We typically don't eat multi-course meals at home or a big dinner every night. Once we get to Lisbon, Tapas will be perfect!

You are not required to eat multi course meals ;)

We sometimes will just have an appy & the main or a salad course

just order what you feel like that night

yes after a few weeks onboard some people tend to eat lighter

CateW, I see you are on the 10April 2017 cruise. Just checked our Roll Call and don't see you posting there. Come join us!

Donna