Why I am excited to try the Celebrity Equinox

bradleyk

IMHO don't let the naysayers and the complainers here bring you down. Equinox is a great experience.

First it is a large ship but not too large. So you have all the benefits of a large ship but none of the overcrowding.

Second, it is a very beautiful ship. The overall decor is nicely understated and cleanly elegant. The cabins are well layed out. The showers are roomy and it's not like getting into a space capsule tube where you have to put the soap on the walls and turn around to get wet. As usual, there are people that complain because some of the drawer space is over the bed but we've always found enough places to arrange our things. We always stay in an inside room on a higher deck and if this is one of the less enviable cabins you can imagine how great the others are.

Third there a lot of small touches that add to the general feel of a step up from other ships. For example, when you return from getting off the ship there is an area set up on the dock which has cold wet hand towels and cold drinks there to greet you. When you go to the rest rooms there are nice fixtures and cloth towels to wet your face and\or dry your hands off.

Fourth, as one of the other posters said, the Solarium is a place for peaceful relaxation. They have wooden loungers with thick padding. There is also a pool to cool yourself off in. A small area is there to have a light breakfast. In addition there are 2 hot tubs there for you to enjoy.

Fifth, there is the Spa which features the Persian Gardens. It has hot stone tile beds and cool rain mist showers to enjoy. This is complimentary for some of the more expensive cabin guests. However, when you get on the ship go there directly and there are a limited number of weekly passes sold for a more than reasonable fee which gives you unlimited access there. Just don't hog a bed when you go there.

Sixth, I have never had a bad meal there. There is enough variety offered to satisfy anyone except for some who may be difficult to please. One tip is that people often enjoy going to the Oceanview Cafe buffet once or twice for dinner during the cruise. I have heard that they have a grill there which can serve cooked to order cuts of meat there, in addition to the wide variety of other items.

I could go on and on and probably have but you can tell we like this ship. We've been on enough cruises to know. We're going on the Equinox for the 3rd time next March. My wife loves the itineraries they have too.

What else can I say except you will love your cruise on the Equinox.

Hey there NP! I know you from the roll call for the March 24 cruise that sails in less than 198 days :)

I'm wondering why you choose inside cabins. We are in an inside cabin just to save some $$$$'s.

Our first ever cruise was on the Equinox and it was fantastic. We loved the ship, our cabin and the crew. The one thing we hated was the Oceanview Cafe. We were in an AQ cabin so breakfast and dinner were in Blu. The Oceanview Cafe is crowded at lunchtime, the signage on the food is often wrong so look out if you have a food allergy, trying to find a waiter to bring you a glass of wine can be so difficult that you may have finished your main course before the wine arrives and there are many rude individuals who don't know how to queue - avoid the Oceanview Cafe if at all possible!

That said, I would love to go back on the Equinox. There are many things which Celebrity get right.

It is interesting to me that of all the ships in the fleet Equinox for some reason gets a lot of attention and props, We are sailing on Equinox in Feb 2017 for 10 nights and really looking forward to it. We have sailed Reflection twice and Silhouette once(Sailing Silhouette again August 2017), but for some reason I can't wait for Equinox! The vibe from everyone seems so good even though I have been on Solstice ships before, Equinox here we come!

• 2 months later...

We will be on our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox in June. We're Diamond (daughters, myself and 22 year old Grandson) on Royal so it was a great surprise to find we would be getting Elite status on Celebrity. Our TA arranged getting us enrolled. We normally book a balcony, but for the past few years, we've found we use the balcony less and less, because I am one of "those" who smoke and in the "old days" would step out onto the balcony to smoke.. and the rules changed a few years ago, plus we've found we spend less time in the cabin. We booked an OV cabin on this cruise. We snapped up this cruise when we found out that we would get all four perks, even with an OV cabin and the timing was perfect for us. We wanted to try something new and have heard great things about Celebrity from friends. I'm SO pleased to hear all the positive things about the Equinox. We're not really sure what to expect and welcome any tips, advice or information. We are feeling like a complete "newbie" on this cruise so we're a bit anxious. Also, from some of the posts, I was beginning to think that there was no one that didn't book a suite and wear a tux or ball gown on Evening Chic night. While we always honor the dress code on formal night on our cruises, this was a welcome difference for my Grandson and will help a great deal with packing. Anything else you can share about Celebrity or the Equinox?

We will be on our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox in June. We're Diamond (daughters, myself and 22 year old Grandson) on Royal. We're not really sure what to expect and welcome any tips, advice or information.. Anything else you can share about Celebrity or the Equinox?

Your in for a treat!

Our 1st with RCCL was in 1989, we are Diamond, 1st Celebrity in 1994 and are Elite. Next Nov 2017 will be our 3rd cruise on the Equinox! Yea I guess you can say we like Her! :D

You will find Celebrity less of a 'rushed' feeling and experience. It is geared toward relaxing and refreshing, with a country club feel, instead of a theam park.