Cost of HMC Cabana

apey9995

This might be old news and I missed it... but I just noticed that the price of a Half Moon Cay cabana with Carnival has increased from $229 to $279. Bummer!

Seems like they're slowly increasing prices and decreasing benefits as a whole. Its little things like the chocolates on the pillows, and the free drink vouchers for past guests, the tablecloths, bathroom freebies, etc. Also on past cruises I've always seen price drops and had a good amount of OBC by the time we sailed- the 2 most recent cruises I have booked have not seen one single price drop since I booked them about 9 months ago. (Which may just mean I got a great deal at the time I booked it, who knows).

Still the best line price-wise for cruising, and won't affect me cruising with them in the future, but the small changes are slightly disappointing all the same.

This might be old news and I missed it... but I just noticed that the price of a Half Moon Cay cabana with Carnival has increased from $229 to $279. Bummer!

Seems like they're slowly increasing prices and decreasing benefits as a whole. Its little things like the chocolates on the pillows, and the free drink vouchers for past guests, the tablecloths, bathroom freebies, etc. Also on past cruises I've always seen price drops and had a good amount of OBC by the time we sailed- the 2 most recent cruises I have booked have not seen one single price drop since I booked them about 9 months ago. (Which may just mean I got a great deal at the time I booked it, who knows).

Still the best line price-wise for cruising, and won't affect me cruising with them in the future, but the small changes are slightly disappointing all the same.

Bathroom "freebies" have nothing to do with CCL. They are provided by those particular companies. If they don't give them to CCL, CCL can't provide them in the bathroom. As for OBC, prices are controlled via supply/demand. You might have gotten a good price. The price on my cruise has gone up $300 a person. I don't look as often now.

The cabanas for Royal Caribbean are $495 :eek:

Well... there's a reason I posted this to the CARNIVAL board then...

Oh, please, don't ruin the complainer's complaint;)

Don't be rude. This wasn't a "complainers complaint" it was a) to let anyone interested know about the price increase if they didn't know already, and b) to comment on all the small changes overall. You may have noticed at the end of my post I said I will continue to cruise carnival because it is still the best value, just slightly disappointed overall by all the changes.