Beverage Pkg question

scdreamer

Apologies in advance if this question has been addressed - I did try to search for it, with no luck.

We are going to be on a 23 day cruise later this fall. At this time we don't want to purchase a beverage package for the entire cruise, but are thinking we might change our minds after we're on board for a time.

I know you cannot "pick and choose" beverage package days, but I'm not sure if you can decide halfway through the cruise you would like to buy a package for the rest of the sailing.

If that is a possibility, would the cost be prorated to reflect the number of remaining days?

Apologies in advance if this question has been addressed - I did try to search for it, with no luck.

We are going to be on a 23 day cruise later this fall. At this time we don't want to purchase a beverage package for the entire cruise, but are thinking we might change our minds after we're on board for a time.

I know you cannot "pick and choose" beverage package days, but I'm not sure if you can decide halfway through the cruise you would like to buy a package for the rest of the sailing.

If that is a possibility, would the cost be prorated to reflect the number of remaining days?

Yes you can purchase the package later in the cruise they are usually advertising it in Currents daily paper

yes it is prorated for the days left on the cruise

once you decide to buy it is until the last night of the cruise

Lyn is right.

My recollection is that when the policy was first announced, they wanted you to take it for the whole cruise. (You had until Day #3 or something like that to buy it.)

But on our cruises since then we've seen daily announcements in Currents that it was available for purchase.

On a longer cruise, that could be a lot of drinking ... not to mention that $120 a day is costly as well over a lot of days.

Truth in lending: we ourselves have never been temped by the package because DH drinks very little (maybe an occasional glass of wine) so we very rarely go to the bars. I will have a cocktail in our room from my own stock, and will buy a bottle of wine from the list and nurse it over a few days. (Sometimes I bring on my own wine and pay the corkage.) But the cost of a package is not appropriate for our drinking habits, and besides, I don't want to be limited to the wines by the glass that you get with both packages.

So don't worry ... you should be able to book the package at any point during your cruise where you decide you want it.

Mura