First Cruise, What Cabin Should I Get? Aft 8 or Middle 6 (Suite Miracle)

Phatferd

My wife (to be) and myself are going on our Honeymoon to the Mexican Riveria. We have the choice of a suite on the aft on level 8 or the middle on level 6. I feel like the aft will be better due to being in the back and having a better radius plus it's 2 levels higher. We've never been on a cruise so I'm a little worried the back might be louder and bumpier and we really don't know how we would do with sea sickness. We've been on boats and long car rides and never get sick, just not a week long cruise.

Thoughts?

Deck 8 Aft on this ship is under the Serenity Deck - so not as noisy as the rest of Lido Deck. I have been in Mid 6 Suites as well as Aft 8 Suites on the sister ship, Pride. And both locations are good. I prefer Aft, because i like the extra movement, and I prefer the quieter, low-traffic area of all the way Aft and all the way Fore, as opposed to the more popular, and heavily-traveled Mid. But then, no one in my family ever gets even slightly sea sick. It's all a matter of personal preference.

Note: On this class ship (Spirit), you will feel vibration in the Aft.

Have a great cruise, whichever Suite you choose!:)

We have sailed on the Miracle six times and each time I book the aft wrap. I have never felt any vibration on deck 7 or 8. The cabin is considered a Category 11 suite and the cabin is divided into sections. You have your sitting area with a tv, a dressing area with a door, a bathroom, the bedroom with a door and another tv. and a walk-in closet. The balcony is huge. Best cabins on the Spirit class ships.

We have sailed on the Miracle six times and each time I book the aft wrap. I have never felt any vibration on deck 7 or 8. The cabin is considered a Category 11 suite and the cabin is divided into sections. You have your sitting area with a tv, a dressing area with a door, a bathroom, the bedroom with a door and another tv. and a walk-in closet. The balcony is huge. Best cabins on the Spirit class ships.

I can only personally speak for my experiences on her sister ship, Carnival Pride (I've sailed on Pride six times, thrice in the aft), but I have heard many others report the Aft vibration across the Spirit class, including on Miracle. It might be worse on Pride, though.

On Pride, I've stayed in a VS Deck 4 (Aft Wrap Suite), and OS 8271 (just forward of the VS) on Pride. In both Suites we felt the vibration, sometimes more than others, but always there to some extent, while underway.

It was worse in 8271 than in 4237 - the fixtures, furniture, and other items in the Suite rubbed and clinked and squeaked with the movement. The ladder to the upper bunk actually shook itself apart:eek:, and the sliding, mirror door to the walk-thru closet area leading to the bathroom was bolted open, I'm assuming due to the constant rattling and movement from the vibration. We ended up sticking little pads of tissues here and there (and discovered that we weren't the first to do so - there were many tissue wads in between furniture and wall, etc., all over the room) to quiet the various noises.

The vibration has also been constantly evident in the MDR, which is also aft, Decks 2 & 3. It's sometimes so bad in there it vibrates glasses off of tables. But, like I said, maybe Pride has the vibration issue worse than Miracle.

I do agree with you on one thing - the Aft Wrap Suites are the best cabins on the Spirit class ships.:)

My pick would be level 6. Keep in mind the lower you are on the ship the less motion you will feel. The closer you are to the center of the ship the less motion you will feel. The 6th level has cabins above it so there should be no noise factor. Congrats on your wedding and enjoy your Honeymoon. Happy cruising.

The rule is the closer to the middle and lower on the ship the less movement you feel.

We have been in suites on the Miracle and midship Deck 6 is where we end up most often.

Yes, many many folks love those aft wraps but that is not the place on the ship where we feel most comfortable!

IF you have never cruised before I'd pick the mid ship area and take some anti seasick meds with you just in case.

The rule is the closer to the middle and lower on the ship the less movement you feel.

We have been in suites on the Miracle and midship Deck 6 is where we end up most often.

Yes, many many folks love those aft wraps but that is not the place on the ship where we feel most comfortable!

IF you have never cruised before I'd pick the mid ship area and take some anti seasick meds with you just in case.

I agree. For possible motion sickness, bring Meclizine meds or the branded Dramamine Non-drowsy.

LOVED my aft suite on Deck 8 last year [emoji4] So nice having two rooms and a large large balcony. Only heard deck chairs dragged once the whole cruise. Don't remember any vibration in the room. You won't be disappointed if you book the aft Suite [emoji4]IMG_1473521453.273273.jpg.222914896281bb770bfa480d6b80284d.jpg

IMG_1473521388.868284.jpg.d341a41bdd6dc52afe0111508df40c35.jpg

Edited by lollylew